How Much NoRez in Warfedale 9.1s?

melchionda

How Much NoRez in Warfedale 9.1s?
« on: 25 Feb 2023, 08:47 pm »
This is a question about how much No Rez to use in my Warfedale 9.1s.
I was assuming that we would want to cover the entire interior of the speaker cabinets with NoRez; (mainly because Danny had never said otherwise.)  Should I cover the entire interior of my Warfedale 9.1s with NoNez?  (I was assuming that I should.) Warfedale uses some stuffing inside the cabinet. If I use NoRez do I have to use the stuffing or can I leave that out?  What if I use both?  Does adding stuffing along with NoRez cause problems?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: How Much NoRez in Warfedale 9.1s?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2023, 02:12 am »
We recommend covering the side walls along with the back & top panels.
The only exception is leaving about 2 inches of free space directly behind the woofer hole so the woofer isn't playing directly into the foam layer. If the the norez doesn't cover the woofer hole any, then the extra airspace isn't needed. Same goes for the ports below the woofer.

The floor is optional, but you will need to remove the foam layer so your crossover can be mounted to the floor, and also not block the ports.

We do recommend returning the original stuffing to the speaker. Namely over the crossover and on the back wall, still paying attention to not block the woofer or ports