Evoke status And Rubby availability
« on: 9 Feb 2018, 09:13 pm »
just wanted to inquire about the company status and the Rubby´s availability

John Casler

Re: Evoke status And Rubby availability
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2018, 09:21 pm »

All is well, after the move.

I am currently finishing the set up, on a pair of ALEX Prototypes, but a new design may be on the way.

Regarding Ruby, we have them in stock and ready to ship.  They are one spectacular speaker overall, and particularly in the imaging and soundstage area.

damguz

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2018, 10:01 pm »
great to hear.  will be contacting you PM when I get back.

regards,

Evoke

• Industry Participant
    • EVOKE Planar Loudspeakers
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2018, 08:37 pm »

Hey Damguz - I wanted to check in with you. I've been in the middle of finalizing updates on several products. The new website should be live by next week. Evoke is currently doing well. As a boutique company our focus is on solid engineering with hand builds and testing. I have no plans to ever farm out product runs of 500 speakers. That would be the end of something special. I typically do 50 speakers of each model at a time except Alex, 12.

I have a reference of each speaker and all builds are done by hand. Inspection is of each individual piece, sub assemblies and total speaker. Then each is tested to the reference. Trust me, copper traced printed crossover boards would make my life easier but they have inadequate current capacity and resonate a LOT! But point-to-point wiring is the best.

Right now I have components for 6 pair of Ruby's in stock. I am ordering parts for another 12 in a week or so. (I'm also ordering final pieces for several new models!)

So, I had to move and temporarily are using Ruby's for my personal speakers. It was extreme as I went from the Alex proto's that John is testing. It's amazing that Ruby has such imaging, staging and dynamics. With most sources the bass seems impossible coming out of that small 2-way.

As an aside on the new Alex - Ruby had an effect on that design. Ruby actually wrote some new rules for coherence and imaging. It has influenced a lot of things. The prototype John has now has made some changes in crossover tech and a different woofer strategy. The mids now match the planars perfectly and the sub design has faster attack times and goes down to 18 now.

I will be interesting when that's done. I usually know it's good if John gives me a thumbs up. But the man has a good ear. He always finds that one tweak I missed. It's usually a pain to correct but has always made an incredible difference.

Drop me a note if you have any questions.
Mark