DTS Playfi Wireless Systems For Cheap

witchdoctor

DTS Playfi Wireless Systems For Cheap
« on: 25 Jan 2019, 11:26 pm »
DTS Playfi wireless is a multi-brand (Paradigm, Definitive Technology, Martin Logan, Arcam, etc) group of wireless, speakers, amps, pre-amps, soundbars, etc. that go head to head with Sonus. A LOT of these components are marked down 40% to 90% off! You can mix and match different vendors just like in a wired setup unlike Sonos.
Most of these speakers are ACTIVE so you get a lot for your $$$. The Paradigm lineup even includes ARC room correction. If you have a traditional system you want to take wireless look at the Klipsch Gateway preamp on Amazon for $25. With that hub you can distribute multiple wireless active speakers from a lot of vendors throughout the house wirelessly. Check it out!

If anyone is already using DTS Playfi feel free to chime in.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2019, 02:42 am by witchdoctor »

witchdoctor

Re: DTS Playfi Wireless Systems For Cheap
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2019, 03:29 pm »
I just setup DTS Play-Fi for outdoors WOW, what an addition to the patio/BBQ/ chill factor. You can use an amp like the Paradigm PW Amp or the Klipsch Powergate with some outdoor speakers or just take an active speaker like the Polk S6 and put it in the window pointed outside.

usp1

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2019, 09:58 pm »
Are those prices ($25 for gateway preamp, 90% off on powered speakers etc) still available anywhere?

estuardo4

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2019, 11:30 pm »
Yes, you still can get the PW-AMP at ebay and the Powergate amp on Amazon at discounted prices.

witchdoctor

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2019, 03:49 am »
Are those prices ($25 for gateway preamp, 90% off on powered speakers etc) still available anywhere?

Check Amazon, prices can fluctuate but are still deeply discounted :)

usp1

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2019, 03:55 pm »
Thanks. I am checking those sources but not finding very deeply discounted right now. I will keep checking.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2019, 03:12 pm »
The summer is here and I am having a blast using Play-Fi outdoors. I have Polk s6 active speakers and just point them out the window BAM.
Having music follow you around the house it SOOO much better than being foirsced to sit in the sweet spot to listen toi tunes. It's also a blast having so many brands to play with, deftech in one room, klipsch in another, pardigm, polk, etc.