Sound|Kaos LIBéRATION

beowulf

Sound|Kaos LIBéRATION
« on: 6 Jul 2019, 06:10 am »
Anybody check out the Sound|Kaos LIBéRATION

Kind of looks like a big ole owl ... I dig the looks ~ very mid century modern / art deco flair to them and a big beast of a subwoofer.

Pretty good specs for tube amps as well:

Bandwidth: (-6dB)  30Hz - 55kHz
Sensitivity: (2.83V/RMS) 94dBin room 96dB
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohm
Recommended power: 25 - 100 W
Dimensions: (each) W 60 cm D 32 cm H 98 cm
Weight: (each) 42kg

Not cheap by any means coming in around $17K+.  Just though they were pretty interesting and haven't heard a lot of chatter about them.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: Sound|Kaos LIBéRATION
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2019, 11:49 am »
thanks.  am lovin the looks of these and they just seem like would sound great too :) . at their price i'll never afford them, but perhaps can hear at an audio show some day.

here, in the long and hard-to-read 6 moons format, is an in-depth positive review (jumping right to page 6):

https://6moons.com/audioreviews2/soundkaos2/6.html

the discussion 6 moons review from page 6 onward may be of interest to readers of the OB forum.

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2019, 01:41 pm »
Hah hah, that so does look like an owl!

Intersting driver configuration... looks like the mids are in a .5 arrangement...

beowulf

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2019, 01:32 am »
thanks.  am lovin the looks of these and they just seem like would sound great too :) . at their price i'll never afford them, but perhaps can hear at an audio show some day.

here, in the long and hard-to-read 6 moons format, is an in-depth positive review (jumping right to page 6):

https://6moons.com/audioreviews2/soundkaos2/6.html

the discussion 6 moons review from page 6 onward may be of interest to readers of the OB forum.

Thanks for bringing that review to my attention ... I do get lost in the long reviews from that site though!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2019, 05:59 am »
Time to suggest <to my wife> it's a great time to visit Switzerland!

I kinda think I saw their Wave42 speakers at one of the audio shows that I attended in Taiwan. They sure look familiar.

https://soundkaos.audio/new-products?category=WAVE42

beowulf

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2019, 09:58 am »
Time to suggest <to my wife> it's a great time to visit Switzerland!

I kinda think I saw their Wave42 speakers at one of the audio shows that I attended in Taiwan. They sure look familiar.

https://soundkaos.audio/new-products?category=WAVE42

Yeah, those Wave42 are  on my list of speakers I need to hear one day!  Lots of positive reviews on them.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2019, 04:19 pm »
Intersting driver configuration... looks like the mids are in a .5 arrangement...
Site says:
18" woofer on 2nd order filter, 2x unfiltered 21 cm, (8”) full range drivers , notch filter at 750Hz, RAAlL ribbon dipole super tweeter
Bit confusing, what is the notch on? The 18? If the mids are indeed a .5 config, that would make for a rather asymmetric horizontal response, so which side (L or R) placement would be critical.

cheers,

AJ

matevana

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jul 2019, 05:29 pm »
Anyone guess who's drivers these might be?  In-house?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #8 on: 8 Jul 2019, 05:42 pm »
The frame & motor look like Seas Exotic. The cone and ribbed/roll surround make me think Audax. My guess is custom Seas.  :wink:

Btw, I just noticed only one has whizzer, so Johns .5 comment makes a bit more sense now...

matevana

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jul 2019, 06:09 pm »
Good eye!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #10 on: 8 Jul 2019, 06:18 pm »
 Certainly unique. Good bass to 30HZ. Would like to hear a pair with SET.

charles

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #11 on: 9 Jul 2019, 12:16 am »
Heard them at the last RMAF and they were one of the best sounding rooms at the show.

Mr P

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2019, 01:28 pm »
As a huge fan of Bakoon amplifiers I have been lusting after these.

http://hifiknights.com/reviews/speakers/soundkaos-liberation/

glassaddict

Re: SoundKaos Liberation speakers
« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2021, 07:47 pm »
I own a pair of SoundKaos Liberation OB speakers. I bought the RMAF show pair. They don't have the leather baffles of the production speakers, but have the current Enviee mid range drivers. These are my first pair of OB speakers. I've owned planars, Quad 57's, so I had an idea of placement in my listening room. I can hear why OB speakers have such loyal listeners.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: SoundKaos Liberation speakers
« Reply #14 on: 18 Mar 2021, 09:17 pm »
I own a pair of SoundKaos Liberation OB speakers. I bought the RMAF show pair. They don't have the leather baffles of the production speakers, but have the current Enviee mid range drivers. These are my first pair of OB speakers. I've owned planars, Quad 57's, so I had an idea of placement in my listening room. I can hear why OB speakers have such loyal listeners.

What amplifier are you using with them?