NS-40 (40 watt/channel) tube stereo tour!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: NS-40 (40 watt/channel) tube stereo tour!
« Reply #60 on: 25 Apr 2011, 12:54 am »
Happy Easter everyone!!!

Sorry for not posting much. I will have a deadline posted for getting the NS-40SE tour amp completed in about a week.

Everybody who has asked to be on the list is on.

Thank you!

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #61 on: 25 Apr 2011, 01:02 am »
I would love to get on the list as well. Haven't owned a tube amp in a couple of years. Thinking it's time to try again as previous experience wasn't great. Located in Indianapolis.

srclose

« Reply #62 on: 25 Apr 2011, 02:37 am »
I'd really like to have the opportunity to audition this amp.  I'm in northern Oklahoma.

Berto

« Reply #63 on: 25 Apr 2011, 02:48 am »
Blair Ive always checked out your amps and luv the styling and point to point hand builds, luv to demo your amp. Im in LI, NY.

rpf

« Reply #64 on: 15 May 2011, 02:25 am »
Blair Ive always checked out your amps and luv the styling and point to point hand builds, luv to demo your amp. Im in LI, NY.

I'm in the market for a new amp and would like to demo this unit as well. I am also on Long Island, NY.

Rob

bluemike

« Reply #65 on: 15 May 2011, 06:18 pm »
Rob
Did you sell your rogue ??

rpf

« Reply #66 on: 16 May 2011, 02:54 am »
Not yet.

morganc

« Reply #67 on: 6 Aug 2011, 07:28 pm »
Any updates on thos tour?  Did it make it to the west coast yet?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #68 on: 6 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm »
I'm getting caught up on a backlog of orders. Once that is done, the tour NS-40 will be available. There presently are not any delays, so it won't be too long now.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #69 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:09 am »
I am still accepting new participants to the tour. This time around I will take down credit card numbers as a safety measure.

watercourse

« Reply #70 on: 9 Jun 2012, 11:33 pm »
What ever became of the tour?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #71 on: 10 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm »
Good question!

The last tour I did was a little bumpy.....but I did receive the preamp back after a few months. That soured the milk. The tour for the most part was a good experience.

NOW: As I have told at least one possible dealer, I am going to make a new version of the NS-40 for retail sale, as opposed to factory direct. That got me thinking a little more: I decided not to release anything of mine for professional review until retail versions are available. Communication has been spotty on this since an ETA didn't exist.

I am starting out with retail models of the NS-40 and Beacon Two. We're keeping it simple. These two products are my best sellers and I know they will do exceptionally well. The retail models will not perform differently than the present renditions. What's going to change are aesthetics and a few upgrades will become standard equipment. It's something I have been thinking about for a long time and the results will be agreeable to most tube audio enthusiasts. The prices will still be very competitive.

Back to the tour: After I get the first model built (someone already ordered one!) and have the time to build another for a tour, I most certainly will do that. The tour unit will be open for reviewers and retailers as well as AC members.

Since someone has already ordered a retail NS-40, they will be available much sooner than expected. I have orders in front of it and when they're done, you'll see the first model posted.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #72 on: 10 Jun 2012, 01:06 pm »
How are you changing the look of it, Blair?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #73 on: 11 Jun 2012, 12:36 am »
I'll keep it a surprise- but it will have a more finished look to it instead of the bare-bones 50's appeal my gear has now. One upgrade that will be standard is DC filaments. I have to make up my mind on other standard features- and they will be good ones. Amp+Preamp sales will automatically come with the new 240W power supply.

BTW: I have been making power supplies since 5th grade.  :o  If someone has a request, I'll be happy to look into it.

djbnh

« Reply #74 on: 12 Jun 2012, 10:17 am »
I'll keep it a surprise- but it will have a more finished look to it instead of the bare-bones 50's appeal my gear has now. One upgrade that will be standard is DC filaments. I have to make up my mind on other standard features- and they will be good ones. Amp+Preamp sales will automatically come with the new 240W power supply.

BTW: I have been making power supplies since 5th grade.  :o  If someone has a request, I'll be happy to look into it.
It's going to be interesting, for those who have already made purchases, to see how the price points for the "retail" items compares to their own respective purchases.