A few question.

ricardojoa

A few question.
« on: 18 May 2012, 11:01 pm »
Is it true that the tube amps can upgraded to integrated amp? I read somewhere but I wasnt sure since is not listed on the site.
Is it possible to incorporate the unit with a remote control?
Are there other wood trims finishes available? I like the crown look that decware finish it. Not trying to copy, but sure they capture my atention.
Can the amp be configured into 220 voltage supply (oversea)?

Thank you
« Last Edit: 19 May 2012, 01:01 am by ricardojoa »

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: A few question.
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 11:50 pm »
Take a look here for wood selection: http://www.delnero.com/custom-made/wood-furniture.html
If you would like something special, they could most likely make something as well.

I can get wood like this and other designs from our local hardware store.

Any Niteshade amplifier can be integrated. There are choices as well: Passive or active. Active means there will be a tube amplification stage before the amplifier's input. Passive does not increase the front end gain. (I can talk more about this.)

I can install a remote in an amplifier or preamplifier.

Yes, I can make 220V compatible amplifiers.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2012, 03:34 am »

decal

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 12:54 pm »
Don't get too excited FRM. It's just a stock molding one can buy at any HD or Lowes. If you want to see some real stunning work, check out http://www.frederickwilbur-woodcarver.com/architectural-elements#mouldings. :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2012, 09:40 pm »
OK, thanks for this nice link.  The Niteshade model is interesting as it can be used to tube amps chassis, as wood is a great sink to transformer vibration.