Preamp help.

Btrmousetrap

Preamp help.
« on: 19 Jan 2019, 03:38 am »
I am considering one of the X series amps and was wondering what would be a good value NuPrime preamp for 2 channel use. I have been out of touch with electronics for the last 15-20 years and am trying to assemble a reasonably priced 2 channel system that would utilize a cd primarily yet have the flexibility to utilize a computer or phone for a source.

Thanks in advance.

BTRmousetrap

avta

Re: Preamp help.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2019, 04:15 am »
For a 2 channel stereo you might consider the IDA8 or IDA16 depending on your power requirements. Send Jason ( rustydoglim ) a message and tell him what you’re looking for. He’ll give you some suggestions. He started the company and is a very straight forward guy in my experience as an owner of some of his products.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2019, 07:22 am »
I am considering one of the X series amps and was wondering what would be a good value NuPrime preamp for 2 channel use. I have been out of touch with electronics for the last 15-20 years and am trying to assemble a reasonably priced 2 channel system that would utilize a cd primarily yet have the flexibility to utilize a computer or phone for a source.

Thanks in advance.

BTRmousetrap

In General the DAC-9 would meet your stated needs.

You might find the DAC-10 even better sonically, but you sacrifice the optional bluetooth dongle of the DAC-9

Check with the dealers, as some have taken in DAC-9 and DAC-10 for trades to the EVOLUTION DAC.

Samoyed

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2019, 06:03 pm »
John is spot on. I traded a nearly New dac10, in perfect condition. If you can find it, buy it NOW!  It sounds great, looks great and functions great. If you have questions send me a pm. I’m now a diehard Nuprime guy, trying to find a way to Evolution One Amps, so keep my bias in mind, but by any objective measure Nuprime makes an entire line of sonically lovely products!