Best Digital cable I have ever heard...

8thnerve

« on: 8 Oct 2003, 10:52 pm »
I just recieved the new Stereovox HDXV cable from its designer Chris Sommovigo.  Without any break-in at all, it is flat out unbelievable.  I can only say this now because I am not technically a dealer yet.  I guarantee you I will be tomorrow.

I don't generally make bold claims like this, but I feel this product deserves that kind of recognition.  The most amazing thing about it is its price.  Only $75 for a 1m cable until the end of the year.  This is the next generation of that i2digital cable, which Chris designed for that company.

I will report further after some break-in.

8thnerve

Website
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2003, 11:03 pm »
In case anyone is interested: www.stereovox.com

Hantra

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2003, 02:04 am »
This is the next generation of that i2digital cable, which Chris designed for that company.

Nathan:

So you're saying this is beyond the i2s?  It certainly is cheaper.  Does it have those funky phono plugs?

Thanks!

B

Psychicanimal

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2003, 07:50 am »
The i2digital is the best digital cable I've listened to.  Lak and I A/B'ed it against the Purist proteus and the i2 outperformed it in clarity, extension and perceived speed.  A friend of mine sold his $2K Kharma digital and kept the i2digital.

8thnerve

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2003, 01:47 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
This is the next generation of that i2digital cable, which Chris designed for that company.

Nathan:

So you're saying this is beyond the i2s?  It certainly is cheaper.  Does it have those funky phono plugs?

Thanks!

B

Apparently Chris designed the i2digital about a year or so ago for i2digital.  The HDXV is a newer design of his and Stereovox is his company.  One would assume that his newer design for his own company would be better, yes?

8thnerve

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2003, 01:48 pm »
Quote from: Psychicanimal
The i2digital is the best digital cable I've listened to.  Lak and I A/B'ed it against the Purist proteus and the i2 outperformed it in clarity, extension and perceived speed.  A friend of mine sold his $2K Kharma digital and kept the i2digital.

Exactly how I feel about the HDXV.  Flat out unbelievable.  And I have never seena cable quite like this.  It really does look like its out of a space shuttle.

8thnerve

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2003, 01:50 pm »
Quote from: Hantra

It has been terminated with custom BNC connectors which have an included custom RCA adaptor connected to them.

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: 9 Oct 2003, 01:58 pm »
I think this thread belongs in the Market Square...

8thnerve

« Reply #8 on: 9 Oct 2003, 02:08 pm »
Quote from: JohnR
I think this thread belongs in the Market Square...

I agree that it will John.  I mentioned that the only reason I felt that I could post this is that I am not a dealer yet.  I know that is a grey line, but I think it is unfortunate that people would miss out on the opportunity to investigate this product simply because I have a hi-fi shop.  I investigated it and experienced it as an audiophile, staying up late at night and being amazed at the experience.  Of course I will carry it, as I really think it is the best digital cable period.

Most of my customers know that I shoot straight about my feelings on equipment.  I often recommend products I don't carry, or disuade people from products I do carry when they don't match with their needs.

Honestly, it is the ONE thing I dislike about being a hi-fi dealer, not feeling free to post my opinions due to conflict of interest, which I completely understand, respect and agree with.  It is unfortunate, because I have the ability, being a hi-fi dealer, to listen to a vast amount of gear, much more than most audiophiles would ever have the occaision to.  

So anyway, I apologize if this is crossing the line.  I guess I'll have to send one to someone and have them rave about it instead. :-)

Best Regards,

Nathan Loyer
Eighth Nerve

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #9 on: 9 Oct 2003, 02:39 pm »
Quote from: 8thnerve

It has been terminated with custom BNC connectors which have an included custom RCA adaptor connected to them.

JoshK

« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2003, 02:47 pm »
For those of us who like to solder do you think we can get our hands on the cable in bulk length?

Hantra

« Reply #11 on: 9 Oct 2003, 03:11 pm »
I guess I'll have to send one to someone and have them rave about it instead.  

Well. . . If you insist . .   I'll volunteer. . .   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #12 on: 9 Oct 2003, 03:11 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
For those of us who like to solder do you think we can get our hands on the cable in bulk length?

The website seems to emphasize their chosen connectors, so I'd guess they'd be unwilling to let people compromise the design. Still, you never know: since the company is in SE Florida, maybe we could send Chuck Josephson over to make them an offer they can't refuse???

Horsehead

« Reply #13 on: 9 Oct 2003, 04:21 pm »
Apparently Chris designed the i2digital about a year or so ago for i2digital. The HDXV is a newer design of his and Stereovox is his company. One would assume that his newer design for his own company would be better, yes?

The i2 Digital cable, uses a different design and  is actually better (greater bandwidth) according to Chris.  He posted a direct response at Audio Asylum.  I use the i2 Digital for my home theater side and it is quite incredible. It also came pretty close to my Kimber Select on two-channel.  Chris said he will be releasing and AES/EBU version of the i2 Digital that will be a ground up design for a balanced digital cable, not just a current i2 design with XLR connectors. That should be killer as well!

Here is the link on Audio Asylum:
http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=cables&n=80776&highlight=stereovox&session=[/url]

gary

« Reply #14 on: 9 Oct 2003, 04:53 pm »
ouch...

from http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/stereovox_sei600_lsp600.htm
Stereovox SEI-600 Interconnects and LSP-600 Speaker Cables
Prices: Interconnects, $2500 USD per meter pair; speaker cables, $6950 per eight-foot pair.

are you sure the HDVX digital cable is only $75?
seems like pennies compared to their other products.

-gary

JoshK

« Reply #15 on: 9 Oct 2003, 05:17 pm »
Where can you buy these?

Horsehead

JoshK

« Reply #17 on: 9 Oct 2003, 05:42 pm »
the HDXV I meant...

PLMONROE

« Reply #18 on: 9 Oct 2003, 05:44 pm »
$2,500.00 USD per meter pair?  Wonder if one gets a discount for a dozen -- hehe

Paul

byteme

« Reply #19 on: 9 Oct 2003, 05:50 pm »
I wonder how either compare to the Audience AU24 digital cable?  And, yes, where you can buy the HDVX??  I'd give it a shot for $75.