BP25 output load

racerxnet

BP25 output load
« on: 24 Feb 2020, 08:08 pm »
James,

I have had my BP25 configured to output to 3 amplifiers, 2 7BST's and the bass servo amp of the Genesis system. I used 3ft unbalanced cables from Blue Jeans cables for the interconnects. I noted that the high/mid panels sounded muddy, slow, sloppy compared to my prior installation. After resolving some problems with the speakers, I made a set of bass column interconnects.

Please look at the link provided.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/improving-bass-mid-bass-coherence.13993/

The connection feeding the servo amp is from the terminals at the High/Mid panel and feeds the servo amp from the 7BST 's output. My question is; is there a issue with the BP25 outputting from the RCA connections because of 2 differing impedances from the differing amplifiers? BP25 to the 7BST's and Genesis servo amp at the same time.

After removing the RCA cables to the servo amp and feeding it from the Mid/High panel connections, I gained a tremendous amount of top end clarity on the panels. Per Gary Koh, I am aware of the gain in coherency and timing of the servo amp to the panels. I never thought that the sonic characteristics of the High panels would be affected.

Is there a known issue with the BP25 being able to feed differing amps?
Could there be a problem with mine in this case?
Is the load causing sonic issues to the panels and if so why?
The current use of the interconnects puts the RCA connections to shame.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Mark

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BP25 output load
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2020, 11:50 am »
Hi Mark

I have never heard of any issues with the 26 driving different amplifiers.  The output impedance of the BP26 is around 25 ohms so it is not usually affected by mixing and matching the RCA and the XLR outputs.

james

racerxnet

Re: BP25 output load
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2020, 06:15 pm »
Thanks James,

I was just curious and wanted your take on the matter.

Mark