Poll

When it comes to remotes for controlling Tortuga Audio gear, what's your preference?

Custom dedicated Tortuga Audio handheld remote?
Use the Apple Remote?  
Use an iPad, iPhone or Android app?
Both Apple Remote and apps interchangeably?
Remote? Remote? I don't need no stink'n remote?

Custom Remote or...???

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
Custom Remote or...???
« on: 17 Mar 2014, 01:49 pm »
Setting up this poll to get your input on remotes.
Thanks for your participation.

Cheers,  :thumb:
Morten

tl1000sv

Re: Custom Remote or...???
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2014, 02:55 pm »
Need more choices :-)

1. Remote is absolutely required and one of your major value points.

2. Would like to have a dedicated remote and ability to use phone apps interchangeably.  If I had to choose, I would choose the dedicated remote.

3. Would use the Apple remote if it offered continuous volume operation, but without it, the Tortuga remote is the option for me.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2014, 10:53 pm »
Need more choices :-)

1. Remote is absolutely required and one of your major value points.

2. Would like to have a dedicated remote and ability to use phone apps interchangeably.  If I had to choose, I would choose the dedicated remote.

3. Would use the Apple remote if it offered continuous volume operation, but without it, the Tortuga remote is the option for me.

Yes, I would also want #2 as a choice. Then you have a choice which to use. :lol:

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2014, 11:08 pm »
For me choice 1 is best, but choice 2 probably best overall for everyone

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2014, 02:09 pm »
Interesting observation regarding differing trends in response to the remote question. 

While the sample pools are truly VERY small, AudioCircle people clearly prefer a custom remote, DIYAudio people clearly prefer an android/iphone/ipad app (0 vote for custom).

My personal view regarding remotes is I loathe them with a passion. Juggling several remotes is the pits. I've been using a single Harmony remote but have high hopes of abandoning that for an android/iphone/ipad app ASAP. One control to rule them all.

uraqt

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2014, 08:39 pm »
I am the Apple remote guy, and I love it.... I don't have an issue with pushing the buttons more then once....it's the best remote ever made  : )

it's a choice, rock solid metal remote and pushing the button a few times or creaky plastic remote  :)   I am not really a fan of anything plastic, when I have a choice I choose natural materials over synthetic.

C

PS it kind bugs me that the apple remote has plastic buttons, all that work and they could have used metal for the buttons to....  :  )

Thanks again Morten for making the Apple remote work : )