Coolness - music in the office

Brad

« on: 25 Jun 2003, 09:11 pm »
Finally took the time to get an 1/8" to 1/8" cable to connect my iBook to my Tivoli Model 1 table radio. 8)

Using iTunes (songs ripped to AAC at 320kbps), the sound is quite nice here in the office.  Plenty of volume and a nice clean sound. :o

Beats the heck out of the cheapie cd jambox I was using. :D

Playlists, etc, make it much more convenient.   I can spool up a days' worth of music quickly. :!:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Coolness - music in the office
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2003, 09:58 am »
Quote from: Brad
Finally took the time to get an 1/8" to 1/8" cable to connect my iBook to my Tivoli Model 1 table radio. 8)

Using iTunes (songs ripped to AAC at 320kbps), the sound is quite nice here in the office.  Plenty of volume and a nice clean sound. :o

Beats the heck out of the cheapie cd jambox I was using. :D

Playlists, etc, make it much more convenient.   I can spool up a days' worth of music quickly. :!:

What exactly is a Tivoli Model 1 table radio?

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2003, 04:06 pm »
http://www.tivoliaudio.com/index.htm

Kind of a retro-looking am/fm radio.   It has a terrific tuner and very good sound.  Goes for about $100 and well worth it. 8)    MONO!!

It has a headphone output and a 1/8" stereo input as well.

The Model 2 is true stereo and probably sounds pretty good.  I've had mine for a couple of years now - it wasn't available then.

Thump553

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2003, 06:59 pm »
Nice radio.  My brother got one years ago for our parents on their 50th anniversary (was the Kloss Model One then).  Good sound, very easy to operate.  I never realized it had inputs, though.

I especially like the looks of the new Model Three, but the prices-it must be the Bose Waveradio effect.  Curse them.

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2003, 08:18 pm »
Over-hyped.

I had the Model 2.  Okay tuner (compared to my ole' trusty Kenwood reveiver).

Sound was not as full as my Aura Computer speakers.   I ended up returning it to Crutchfield.

It would be a better deal if the prices weren't so high.