Albert offers his latest creation for sale...

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Albert offers his latest creation for sale...
« on: 27 Aug 2018, 09:06 pm »
Hey guys/guitar players..

Not sure if there was anything posted about Albert venturing into the custom guitar biz but yes he's done just that.  Circa August 2017 he completed a custom "Vintage Fifties" Tele guitar and a "Vintage Fifties" recording tube amplifier.  He sent both to my son-in-law Terry Tyler, a very accomplished player, for his evaluation and for getting in the hands of other players to gain their critical feedback.  Tony Bowles, Hank Williams Jr's guitar player actually played the Tele on stage when they performed here in Indy.  Tony loved it!  Son-in-law Terry loved it as well.  So fast forward to today: Albert has opted to sell these one-off creations for a fraction of what he has in them and thought what better place to advertise these unique creations than here on the VSA circle, thought being that there must be some players here that would like to own a small piece of the Albert Von Schweikert legacy  :D.  So...I'm posting the specification sheets for the Tele and the recording amp as well as photos for your perusal.  I've seen these bad boys and have played the Tele thru this amp and I agree with Tony and Terry...they are very sweet indeed.

Albert is asking $1500 for the Vintage Fifties Tele and $1200 for the Vintage Fifties recording amplifier.  That my friends is a fraction of what Albert has invested in them!

..so there you have it.  Albert feel free to embellish or truncate anything I've said  :lol:

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2018, 11:08 pm by es347 »

dburna

Re: Albert offers his latest creation for sale...
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2018, 09:19 pm »
GORE-JUS.

Does selling the one-off models mean that Albert has decided not to put these into production? If so, our loss.

-dGB (who has a nice Tele, but not *THIS* nice)

P.S. For anyone looking for a custom Tele, check out this site as well: Chihoe Hahn is absolutely the best in the business, and his Teles (and other designs) are absolutely first-rate: https://www.hahnguitars.com/. He really should charge more for his work.

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2018, 09:21 pm »
Wow -- as a guitarist, these look really tasty. Love the graded neck profile on the T.  Have a tele and couple of strats, but hey, you can never have too many guitars :)

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2018, 06:42 pm »
Hello fellow guitarists,
I am offering this incredible amp and guitar on a 30 day approval basis. Buy them, try them, and you can either keep or return them. I promise you'll  be thrilled to own the best!  Call me at (760) 853-0234 for more information. Best regards, Albert

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2018, 07:11 pm »
This thread reminds me of a math word problem I saw one day.

Q: Tommy has 7 guitars.  He goes out and purchases two more guitars.

What does Tommy have?

A:  Happiness.  Tommy has happiness. 

rlee8394

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2018, 08:00 pm »
What about the saddles? Three, brass, compensated?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2018, 11:56 pm »
The Telecaster is a underated guitar, just not used by famous artist as Strato or Les Paul, but is simpler, cheaper and better tone than those imo.

SundayNiagara

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2018, 12:11 am »
Careful with that axe, Eugene. :)

dB Cooper

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2018, 01:17 pm »
The Telecaster is a underated guitar, just not used by famous artist as Strato or Les Paul, but is simpler, cheaper and better tone than those imo.

Don't know about 'better' but it's certainly different, and a somewhat underappreciated instrument. Seems to have its strongest following in the blues world, with players like Roy Buchanan and Albert "Master of the Telecaster" Collins being notable users.

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2018, 05:39 pm »
Yes, my Vintage '50's uses Pasadena 3pc compensated brass saddles.  After trying various brands and styles, these sounded the best - by far!  Aluminum, steel, and non-compensated saddles were a joke.

dburna

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2018, 05:41 pm »
Don't know about 'better' but it's certainly different, and a somewhat underappreciated instrument. Seems to have its strongest following in the blues world, with players like Roy Buchanan and Albert "Master of the Telecaster" Collins being notable users.

Certainly a number of noted blues players use Teles, but there also a number of guitars from Gibson and Fender used in the blues realm. On the other hand, the Tele is THE guitar of choice for country guitarists, hands down.

-dGB

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2018, 05:55 pm »
The Telecaster has a wide range of tones.  Keith Richards is famous for his "rock" sound, Larry Frisell gets the most amazing jazz sounds, and many country stars get their twangy country tones from Telecasters.  This is an extremely versatile instrument!  If you try my T-Type, you will not be able to put it down! It has the very best neck on the market and it almost plays by itself.  The tone quality will BLOW you away.

The best sound is through my V10 Recording amp, a better amp than the '54 Deluxe that inspired me.  Original Deluxes sell for $3,500 to $6,000. My amp is more toneful, is louder, and complements the Tele perfectly.  I am willing to offer a package deal on the pair.

Please call for more information, my number is (760 853-0234.   I'm easy to talk to and I love speaking with audiophiles and musicians!

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2018, 06:20 pm »
The Reason I'm Selling These Beautiful Instruments

I have developed arthritis and and can no longer press down the strings. I'm bummed, to say the least.  I also have 13 boutique pedals for sale, as well as an 18-watt hand wired Marshall, made in England. It has an original Celestion green back speaker, point to point wiring, and original transformers.  The MSRP was $3,500 and I'll accept $1,500. 

Call for pedal prices, I have some very rare ones like David Gilmore's Butler Tube Driver with bias control. Eric Johnson also uses this pedal. This extremely rare overdrive pedal has a MRSP of $500, and there are no discounts to be had, even in the used market.  My pedal is "as new" and I'm willing to sell for $400. I have other rare and desirable pedals, please call me at (760) 853-0234.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2018, 10:31 pm »
The Tele bridge is larger so transfer area is bigger, but I dont bother to welcome a Strato 1950s/60s one piece neck.

dburna

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2018, 10:52 pm »
The Reason I'm Selling These Beautiful Instruments

I have developed arthritis and and can no longer press down the strings. I'm bummed, to say the least.  I also have 13 boutique pedals for sale, as well as an 18-watt hand wired Marshall, made in England. It has an original Celestion green back speaker, point to point wiring, and original transformers.

Truly sorry to hear this, Albert. To have a rig that beautiful and not be able to play, that must be torture. I think it would bother me every day to see the setup sitting there, so I can understand why it must go.....however lovely it sounds. Before jettisoning the entire thing, have you thought about a lap steel or pedal steel guitar? You might be able to do the "fingering" with a slide using your whole hand. Seems a shame to get rid of everything (including amps) that you've taken so long to collect unless it's absolutely, positively a no-go.

Best wishes, -dGB

rlee8394

« Reply #15 on: 31 Aug 2018, 06:18 pm »
The Telecaster has a wide range of tones.  Keith Richards is famous for his "rock" sound, Larry Frisell gets the most amazing jazz sounds, and many country stars get their twangy country tones from Telecasters.  This is an extremely versatile instrument!  If you try my T-Type, you will not be able to put it down! It has the very best neck on the market and it almost plays by itself.  The tone quality will BLOW you away.

The best sound is through my V10 Recording amp, a better amp than the '54 Deluxe that inspired me.  Original Deluxes sell for $3,500 to $6,000. My amp is more toneful, is louder, and complements the Tele perfectly.  I am willing to offer a package deal on the pair.

Please call for more information, my number is (760 853-0234.   I'm easy to talk to and I love speaking with audiophiles and musicians!

PM sent.

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #16 on: 3 Sep 2018, 11:33 pm »
Equipment has been sold.

Delacroix

« Reply #17 on: 4 Sep 2018, 12:45 am »
Are these one-offs or is there a line of AVS instruments coming? Could be a market :)

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #18 on: 4 Sep 2018, 12:20 pm »
..I’ll let Albert answer that but afraid not

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #19 on: 4 Sep 2018, 04:21 pm »
Due to the weak economy and declining interest in guitars, I do not believe there is a market for expensive boutique amps and guitars.  It took one year to sell the prototypes, which cost $16,000 to develop. Needless to say, there is no point going forward. The Vintage Fifties amp and guitar were absolute world-class instruments, but that did not make a difference.