..Audiomart USA rant

Bendingwave

• Restricted
Re: ..Audiomart USA rant
« Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2018, 12:49 am »
..I need to get this off my chest...I have listed and sold several items on Audiomart with pretty positive results.  But on virtually every listing I’ll get emails from guys who feign interest oonly to find that after a number of email exchanges they weren’t serious at all.  I swear they troll listings and somehow get off on playing this BS game.  It’s happened again just this week...grrr

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.  :thumb:

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2018, 02:06 am »
I've had the same experience with Craigslist.  People who waste my time, sometimes sending me emails criticizing my asking price. 

I was giving something away on CL this week and had 8 people contact me asking to set up times, only 2 responded to set a time and neither bothered to show up.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2018, 06:59 am »
here are two things i really hate:
1.  when someone says "this is all i have $$"
2. when someone posts on my for sale thread "this is selling elsewhere for $$".   instead of pm'ing me to let me know.

SundayNiagara

« Reply #23 on: 20 Aug 2018, 01:47 pm »
I know what I'm selling is worth, so LOW BALLERS WILL BE POLITELY IGNORED keeps the schnorrering freeloaders away. I want to get the $, not sell it so someone else can.

Don_S

« Reply #24 on: 20 Aug 2018, 03:54 pm »
I've had the same experience with Craigslist.  People who waste my time, sometimes sending me emails criticizing my asking price. 

I was giving something away on CL this week and had 8 people contact me asking to set up times, only 2 responded to set a time and neither bothered to show up.

Another Craigslist downer, thinking a price has been agreed on and then the buyer says "while I am here would you take $XXX"?

SundayNiagara

« Reply #25 on: 20 Aug 2018, 07:05 pm »
Another Craigslist downer, thinking a price has been agreed on and then the buyer says "while I am here would you take $XXX"?

One of many reasons I don't sell on CL. :(