SongTowers FR Question (not flat from 1k-20khz) with RoomEQ

Nuance

Re: SongTowers FR Question (not flat from 1k-20khz) with RoomEQ
« Reply #80 on: 22 Jul 2009, 08:06 pm »
Oops...double post.  Sorry

audiocrazy

« Reply #81 on: 22 Jul 2009, 08:17 pm »
OK   So it looks like we're making progress.  I assume from the deviations between the two speakers that you haven't moved the speakers next to each other for the individual measurements?
Dennis you are right. I have not moved the speakers to take individual measurements.
Would it be better if I take each speaker and place it in same exact location and take measurements individually or placing next to each other will suffice??

I think they are toed in approx. 30 degrees but i'll experiment a bit more.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #82 on: 22 Jul 2009, 08:53 pm »
Just so there aren't any questions, I would move one to a spot in the middle, measure, move it back, and then put the other in the same position.  I would measure on axis with the tweeter. 

Nuance

« Reply #83 on: 22 Jul 2009, 09:48 pm »
Dennis, are you just having him rule out the possibility of a defective driver?  I assume that's the case.

Based on his recent measurements I highly doubt he's got a defective SongTower, but anything is possible.

fsimms

« Reply #84 on: 23 Jul 2009, 11:54 am »
The 1st measurement is 0 degree and 2nd with 90 degree using both speakers. As you can see there is a huge variation in higher frequency. I'll post individual speaker measurements later.

I see you are still showing a peak at 18 Hz!   Obviously the frequency measurements are inacurate.  I suspect the computer program is running too fast.  I don't have a clue how to fix that.  You could try running a different  computer.   Do you still have your old one?

Bob

Bob

Nuance

« Reply #85 on: 23 Jul 2009, 03:14 pm »
It could just be room anomalies. 

audiocrazy

« Reply #86 on: 23 Jul 2009, 03:32 pm »
I see you are still showing a peak at 18 Hz!   Obviously the frequency measurements are inacurate.  I suspect the computer program is running too fast.  I don't have a clue how to fix that.  You could try running a different  computer.   Do you still have your old one?
Bob
Good point Bob.
I'm using HP netbook in my theater room with E-mu 0404 usb sound card. Unfortunately I don't have a spare laptop and my desktop only has on board sound card.
I may have to borrow a better laptop from a friend and retry the measurement

Nuance

« Reply #87 on: 23 Jul 2009, 03:41 pm »
The computer won't make a difference so long as you're using the same external sound card and calibration file.  Unless your computer is from the early 90's, of course.  :)

rahimlee54

« Reply #88 on: 7 Aug 2009, 11:33 pm »
Now, if somebody out there who knows a lot more about computers than I do will help me, here is what I would like to do.

Upload my test CD (uncompressed) up here somewhere where anyone who wants to download it and burn their own test CD from it can do that.

I use a Mac computer (OS10.4) and this stuff is a bit more complex than my pay grade allows.  Very clear step by step distructions are required.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Frank -

If you want to send me a copy, I can create an .iso file that can be used to burn copies.  I can then post it for anyone to download.

- Jim

I was wondering if we were any closer to getting this up somewhere.

Thanks
Jared

jsalk

« Reply #89 on: 8 Aug 2009, 03:21 am »
Sorry.  Frank gave me the CD in early July.  I just haven't done anything with it yet.  I will try to get it posted this week-end.

Frank was also going to put some documentation together on it, but I don't think he has gotten around to doing that yet either.

But I'll email him and remind him.

Thanks for the reminder.

- Jim