Vinyl Auction benefit for Audio Circle

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« on: 14 Dec 2003, 05:17 am »
I just sent in my $100 donation and would like to contribute more to the cause. Several years ago I did away with my turntable (gasp) and sold off hundreds of LP's. Back in the early to mid 80's I managed a couple record stores and I collected a great deal of vinyl. After selling most of what I had I kept a handful of albums that were collector's items or sentimental favorites.

None of them have been played for about fifteen years. I took good care of them, keeping them clean and in some cases preserving them with Last. I used good cartridges (mostly Grace F9E and VanDenHul). One album I inherited from my father and since it's from the 50's it's been played on various turntables and not in pristine condition. All are jazz ranging from jazz-rock / fusion to be-bop. Here's the list:

"Arranged by Montrose"  This is a 1956 promotional LP with the "B" side featuring Clifford Brown's Ensemble. Very rare and a collectible.

Five albums by the Heath Brothers, recorded 1978-1983. I saw them live at the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago. Great band.

"Polarization" Julian Priester and Marine Intrusion (ECM Records). Beautiful ECM sound and adventerous instrumental music.

"Glider" and "City Slickers" by the group Auracle. This band came out of a combo from Eastman Music School. I heard that combo in the late 70's and was blown away. The trumpet player is Rick Braun, now a well-known smooth jazz artist. This is some of the best fusion that you'll ever hear.

"Vehicle" by the Ides of March. 1970 pressing that I found as a cutout in the early 80's. The title single you may know if you are mid 40's +  :D

"Times Square" by Gary Burton (ECM). Features Tiger Okoshi on trumpet. This is an excellent recording from the late 70's and the music is great. Wish I could find it on CD  :cry:

"Family Bible" by Willie Nelson. Gospel standards with his ugly sister playing piano.

"Chase", "Ennea", and "Pure Music" by Chase. A trumpet player's band that inspired me to reach for double-high C's  :)  Collectors may pay $ for these as Bill Chase and some of the other band members died in a plane crash. I heard them live but lost my autographed LP  :cry:

"Who's Who" by John Scofield. First album from the now famous jazz guitarist.

"Discovered Again" by Dave Grusin. Sheffield Lab Direct-to-Disc. Considered to be one of the best recordings on vinyl with great music and musicians (Grusin, Ron Carter, Lee Ritenour, Harvey Mason).

I'll sell the whole lot to the highest bidder (auction ends on December 23rd). Once you are notified then payment to Audio Circle must be confirmed before I can ship. I'll pay for the shipping (USA).

theborg

« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2003, 09:12 am »
Cool! ... People bid by posting here?

PS. thanks for the donation! :thumb:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2003, 07:57 am »
Quote from: theborg
Cool! ... People bid by posting here?

PS. thanks for the donation! :thumb:

Posting bids here is fine with me.

Rick

Marbles

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2003, 01:04 pm »
I guess I'll start off with a bid of $10

BWentler

• In Christ, we are all saved!
RE: Vinyl Auction benefit for Audio Circle
« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2003, 02:48 pm »
I'll bid $25.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2003, 03:23 pm »
$40

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2003, 03:29 pm »
$50

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
and the winner is...
« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2003, 01:49 am »
Quote from: jackman
$50

Jack. Contribute $50 to AC and send me your address so I can ship the vinyl to you. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Rick Craig
Selah Audio

jackman

« Reply #8 on: 25 Dec 2003, 04:24 pm »
Merry Christmas!  Can someone let me know how or where to contribute to the site?  I will send the $$$ as soon as I have the address.

Thanks!

Jack

Marbles

« Reply #9 on: 25 Dec 2003, 04:38 pm »
Jackman,

The easiest way is to go here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?page=4  look at the bottom of the page.

If you would rather send a check, PM Maxcast for his address.

THANK YOU RICK and JACKMAN!!!!

jackman

« Reply #10 on: 25 Dec 2003, 05:00 pm »
Done.  Thanks!

Jack

eric the red

« Reply #11 on: 27 Dec 2005, 09:00 am »
As requested before, have a benefit auction for AC if AC needs some moola. I've got a world famous NIB Sharp SD-EX111 that I'll add to the pot :hyper: