Room issue questions

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Room issue questions
« Reply #40 on: 26 Aug 2018, 07:17 pm »
Dont be afraid to land phase somewhere not on a 90° interval. The best phase is rarely that incrementally found.

What is the space between the speakers?

Jeremy,

I checked it from 0 to 180 checking at 0 degrees, 9 o'clock, 12 o'clock (90 degrees), 3 o'clock, and 180 degrees. Then I went back to where it looked bestand continued to fine tune.

It worked best around 10:30 - 11:00 o'clock.

Mike

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #41 on: 26 Aug 2018, 09:08 pm »
Mike,

Looks fine. You’ve got a little peak just under 100 Hz (about 70-85 Hz)which is likely room related and treatments will help. The area from 100-300Hz looks quite good too especially with SBIR being an issue with all rooms and all low frequency alignments I’ve seen (ported, sealed, horn and OB). Again, placement of speakers and treatments will help here too.

4 inch absorbers, nothing less if you are going this route.

It will be interesting to see the waterfall. Set it to 450 msec and only 20Hz to 400Hz range. There may or may not be some tails where a  frequency range lingers, especially below 100Hz. OB does better at this than most. Spectrogram will show the same thing, just a different way of presenting the waterfall data.

All that being said, if it sounds good, then you can leave it alone.

Best,
Anand.

Folsom

« Reply #42 on: 27 Aug 2018, 05:48 pm »
You still didn't say what the distance is between the speakers.

IME if you have less than 6 ft between speakers you need to be within something like half the distance between them for it to almost work right. 6ft is my minimum under all circumstances. I would rather push speakers up against a wall than have them closer than that.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 27 Aug 2018, 06:27 pm »
Inside to inside of the cabinets is 74”; center to center is 89”