SAE MK X

rabbits

SAE MK X
« on: 30 Dec 2012, 05:11 am »
Any opinions or information about SAE MK X speakers?

richidoo

Re: SAE MK X
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2013, 01:32 am »

rabbits

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2013, 03:46 am »
Thank you, Richidoo. This is pretty fancy stuff. I just have a pair of the "entry level" MK Xs. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them and/or has any opinion about them. I use mine as main speakers. I've kept them since my old days at Soundhaus in the early 70s. They originally belonged to Mike Kelly who modified the crossovers when he was at Duke (before he went to ADS/Braun). I've thought about changing them out if I can find a pair of ADS l910s, but I'm not sure if it would be a significant improvement. Thank you again for your reply and for your interest.

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2013, 04:14 am »
Did you work at Soundhaus?

I910 looks nice, there is a 4 month old ad for one in IN on usaudiomart.com 

rabbits

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2013, 02:21 am »
I was at Soundhaus in Durham from 1973 to 1975.

rabbits

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2013, 01:03 am »
Thanks again, Rich. I got in touch with the seller and his l910s are still available. He sounds like a nice person and he gave me a quote on shipping. Now I have to decide what I'm going to do. I've always been much better at making decisions for other people than I have about making decisions for myself. The best evidence of that is that I have been listening to the same main speakers since about 1973. Thanks for your help and advice. Rabbits