Anyone heard Planotspeakers?

Wind Chaser

Re: Anyone heard Planotspeakers?
« Reply #60 on: 21 Jul 2015, 11:08 pm »
John,
As many here I would like to vote, but to so it is necessary to register and logon.
Do you would have a direct link to the vote page?

Voting is simple.

Open this link... http://contest.techbriefs.com/2015/entries/consumer-products/5851-planot-boxless-full-range-omnidirectional-speaker

Scroll down to where it says... WANT TO VOTE FOR THIS ENTRY?

Register (it's free and only takes 2 minutes)

Then log on and vote.

Planot

« Reply #61 on: 22 Jul 2015, 04:58 pm »
Have you seen the rotary subwoofer?

http://www.eminent-tech.com/RWbrochure.htm

I wonder if you can somehow use a planot driver in the same way as the rotary driver and make a Planot subwoofer?

No.

John

Folsom

« Reply #62 on: 22 Jul 2015, 10:40 pm »
No.

John

But there's a plethora of horn type devices that could be done. I'm sure one could get huge gain in sub frequencies that way. However I'm not sure it'd be a worthwhile endeavour... I suppose someone would have to find out.

Planot

« Reply #63 on: 23 Jul 2015, 12:47 pm »
Reposted from DIYAUDIO.COM...

JTMcCski is offline JTMcCski
diyAudio Member

(Smile) "Planot a true innovation"
The Planot does work; and not just a curiosity. The space, air, pleasure ratio is huge. I live local to the designer so I have been up to hear it more than once. In even early versions it had ambiance like no other I've heard. Been into this for 40 years and visited many audio salons and years at RMAF. The Planot may not be in production but it will do accurate reproduction in it's current frequency range like nothing I have ever heard.
Report Post     Reply With Quote  Multi-Quote This Message  Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM     #302
diyAudio Member

(Default) "Already there..."
I contend it is already among the best midrange and tweeter reproducers I've ever heard.   

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #64 on: 23 Jul 2015, 03:22 pm »
Perspectives are promising.

Doublej

« Reply #65 on: 23 Jul 2015, 05:47 pm »
Reposted from DIYAUDIO.COM...

diyAudio Member

(Smile) "Planot a true innovation"
The Planot does work; and not just a curiosity. The space, air, pleasure ratio is huge. I live local to the designer so I have been up to hear it more than once. In even early versions it had ambiance like no other I've heard. Been into this for 40 years and visited many audio salons and years at RMAF. The Planot may not be in production but it will do accurate reproduction in it's current frequency range like nothing I have ever heard.
Report Post     Reply With Quote  Multi-Quote This Message  Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM     #302
diyAudio Member

(Default) "Already there..."
I contend it is already among the best midrange and tweeter reproducers I've ever heard.

Been into this for 40 years but he just Joined DIYAudio in Jul 2015 - 2 posts, lives nearby...very interesting...

Planot

« Reply #66 on: 24 Jul 2015, 05:26 pm »
Come to a show, meeting or shoot out and let some of us listen to it. If it sounds good, then we have obviated the need for measurements.

I was invited to give a demo to the Chicago Audio Club. That date passed and I am still working on my new motors. As far as I know the offer is still open. I learned not to pre-announce a date until I was ready!

I was interested in the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. I have attended it in the past. Now people are recommending the AXPONA as having better attendance and being cheaper. I have been invited by Mr. Soo to give a talk and demo at next year's California Audio Show.

I have had audiophiles over to listen and they either don't want to have their opinions aired publicly, I assume because they are afraid of being attacked by  people for their opinion, or those audiophiles that have agreeded to have their opinions posted are ridiculed in forums like this. I have had one writer from an small online audio publication listen. He literally left, looking like a zombie. I never heard back from him again; no article. I have pointed out that there is a You Tube video of a personally built prototype by a highly regarded particle physicist, but that's not good enough to prove basic functionality?

Larry who worked for DEQX came out, on his own dime, for three days from Denver and did measurements. He left me the measurements. I have the raw data from REW and screen shots of those results displayed in the program. At the time I had a poorly functioning P4 and P3. P3 was not yet properly adjusted and its performance did suffer. Using the DEQX we were able to get the frequency response very flat. Later, after Larry left, I used the REW software he was using, (Larry taught me how to use the software) and the microphone and USB microphone preamp and a Radio Shack audio meter that Larry recommended. I fine tuned the magnetic homing and dampening device on P4 and produced the graph I published on my Web site.

I will do the live audio stream with Frank Van Alstine I will have to wait for my new prototypes to be finished. I will have to fit this into our schedules as well as two audiophiles' schedules, that I will invite to my home. I will be doing some short test video streams, using P3, that I will be airing weeks prior to main video stream event.

As I said before I will proceed at my own pace and no one else's. I make no apologies.

Bye. I will not respond to any more questions here, for now.

If you have questions send them to:

info@planotspeaker.com

I will get back with an announcement of the live video streams. Stay tuned.

John