SOLD! FS: Bel Canto Dac 2 PRICE DROP

pjnad

SOLD! FS: Bel Canto Dac 2 PRICE DROP
« on: 26 Mar 2012, 02:04 pm »
A superb sounding dac from the desevedly famous Bel Canto, made in the USA. Easy to use in any system, and it's small footprint makes it simple to incorporate into any rack or cabinet.
Asking $625. Now $575 Paypal preferred. Shipping from 12583. Check my feedback on audiogon or audio asylum: pjnad

Some technical info:
As a 24-bit/192KHz machine, the DAC2 uses Analog Device's asynchronous AD1896 upsampler to take advantage both of its whopping 139dB S/N ratio and integral twin-speed digital phase-lock loop. A Burr Brown, dual differential, multi-bit, Delta-Sigma DSP architecture with 32-bit math is followed by Stronczer's fully balanced current-to-voltage stage. The critical analogue reconstruction filter now is akin to a first-order crossover network. Set at 96kHz, it uses slow roll-off to minimize phase shift especially in the treble while maximizing transient precision. A local crystal oscillator reference clock drives the DAC directly for minimal jitter. Separate digital and analog ground planes with multi-stage power supplies and four-layer board support the claimed 117dB signal-to-noise of the overall circuit. For more info see this reviews:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bcd/bcd.html

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/belcanto_dac2.htm

« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2012, 12:23 pm by pjnad »

pjnad

Re: FS: Bel Canto Dac 2 PRICE DROP
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm »
new lower price: $575

pjnad

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2012, 12:23 pm »
bump

ksie

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2012, 01:18 pm »
I've been using this DAC with a Squeezebox 3, and now with a Rotel 855 Cd player as transport .  Excellent piece of gear at a nice price here.

pjnad

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2012, 01:25 pm »
I've been using this DAC with a Squeezebox 3, and now with a Rotel 855 Cd player as transport .  Excellent piece of gear at a nice price here.

Thanks for the affirmation...I've been surprised at the lack of interest here as well as some other sites that I have posted it on  :scratch:
Paul

pjnad

SOLD! Re: FS: Bel Canto Dac 2 PRICE DROP
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm »
Sold