brain fart from last rmaf

beat

brain fart from last rmaf
« on: 19 Sep 2006, 07:23 pm »
Hey guys,
does anyone remember those speakers in the big room at the end of a hall that are omni-directional? the voice coils fire horizontally and the "cone" was made of strips of thin metal? From what I remember they were three way and therefore three balls each smaller than the last stacked on top of each other...shaped like a snowman..sort of..I cant remember who the maker was but I'd like to check em out again. They were pretty amazing.
thanks. Beat

mgalusha

Re: brain fart from last rmaf
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2006, 07:25 pm »

beat

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2006, 07:28 pm »
Perfect!
Those are they. Thanks M!! Hope to see you there this year.
Beat

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2006, 10:04 pm »
Hope to see you again as well. We should probably start a thread about another Friday afternoon happy hour. :beer:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2006, 10:55 pm »
Happy hour??
 Did someone say "Happy hour"???
 Count me in.

Cheers
             Charlie

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2006, 03:53 am »
Hope to see you again as well. We should probably start a thread about another Friday afternoon happy hour. :beer:
Mike....That was a good idea last year ...we should do it again this year. I believe happy hour started at 4PM.... :beer:
beat....Those MBL's sounded good last year. I've heard them a few times (in NY)....impressive....but expensive. While listening in their room (with Captain Humble), heard an excellent cd someone was playing there...." Blackbird " by Bernadette Peters. Bit of a shock :?....but it was a great track.
See you in Denver....
                                   Chris

Hogg

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2006, 01:08 am »
heard an excellent cd someone was playing there...." Blackbird " by Bernadette Peters. Bit of a shock :?....but it was a great track.

Geez too bad you've not heard that track before, Chris :thumb: