Universal Music selling LP's on eBay

Tonto Yoder

« on: 22 May 2004, 12:07 pm »
Must have been going on for some time since they've got quite alot of feedback.  Decent prices for LP's and cheap shipping ($1.95 first, $1.00 second, free shipping for 6 LP's)
One instance--
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4014567065&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Seem to be a preponderance of black artists, esp. rap but one can sift through to find other styles of music--Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams, Lucinda Williams (Lost Highway artists).

Upstateaudio

Rap on vinyl
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2004, 01:57 am »
Thanks for the link Tonto. Lots of music both vinyl and CD there at OK prices. I think we need to be reminded that a larger part of the reason for the continued existence of vinyl is the DJ market as well as audiophiles who relish the sound of vinyl on their systems.

I recently visited Burlington, VT.  There are 2 stores there that predominantly  sell vinyl.   One sells jazz, reggae, soul, classic rock, stuff that I grew up with as a boomer.

The other sells dance music.  I was told by both patrons and the store owner, I probably would not recognize most of the other stores stock and its genres.  One genre is known as "organic techno".   I must be getting old.

LordCloud

Re: Universal Music selling LP's on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2004, 02:06 pm »
Quote from: Tonto Yoder
Must have been going on for some time since they've got quite alot of feedback.  Decent prices for LP's and cheap shipping ($1.95 first, $1.00 second, free shipping for 6 LP's)
One instance--
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4014567065&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Seem to be a preponderance of black artists, esp. rap but one can sift through to find other styles of music--Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams, Lucinda Williams (Lost Highway artists).

Is there something wrong with black artists that would make you feel you have to "sift through to find other styles"?

ohenry

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2004, 06:45 pm »
Is there something wrong with black artists that would make you feel you have to "sift through to find other styles"?

Give me a break.  Did he say there was something wrong with black artists?  The answer is no he didn't.  He did imply that rap isn't his preference.

It's a shame when someone can't make a candid observation without worrying that it may be spun into racism.  

Have a hate-free day,
Henry

Aragon

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2004, 06:56 pm »
While Tonto could have worded his thoughts a little more sensitively, I see no racist intent.

This site will not tolerate bigotry or racism.

This thread will now be locked.