Bryston Turntable

Gumby

Bryston Turntable
« on: 5 Jun 2019, 02:54 pm »
Hello, does anyone know why the large price reductions from dealers, for the Bryston Turntable?

Is there a plan to exit the turntable market,...James?,   Or is it just great timing to take advantage and invest in this player. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Turntable
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2019, 04:40 pm »
Hello, does anyone know why the large price reductions from dealers, for the Bryston Turntable?

Is there a plan to exit the turntable market,...James?,   Or is it just great timing to take advantage and invest in this player.

We are down to our last 5 tables so clearing them out and looking for another table going forward. 

Its a super buy and a great table (I have 3 of them in my 3 systems) but no longer available.

james

Gumby

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2019, 05:39 pm »
Thanks for the info James.  Good to know.  Will Bryston be able to support the current table should any thing go wrong; ie. parts ? 

Gumby

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2019, 05:43 pm »
It’s great when a manufacturer gives a straight honest answer.  Builds trust and confidence towards sticking with the brand. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2019, 06:16 pm »
Thanks for the info James.  Good to know.  Will Bryston be able to support the current table should any thing go wrong; ie. parts ?

Yes we have plenty of parts.

James

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2019, 10:50 am »
Hi Guys,

I just bought a Bryston BLP-1 turntable from a local dealer here in Australia.  It was on special as it was a demonstration model and is in immaculate condition.  I have a Bryston BDP-1 which is my main source in my system.  I already have 2 gold note turntables and the Bryston will be my reference turntable going forward.  I never thought I would be able to afford one of these turntables but luckily I received a large tax cheque back :).

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/bryston/products/bryston-blp-1-turntable?variant=12536628346997

I'm on the look out for a nice phono stage and will give the Bryston a try at some stage.

Cheers Rod

FireGuy

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2019, 12:59 pm »
Very nice.  What are your speakers?   An analog source is meaningless without quality transducers.

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2019, 01:34 pm »
Hi,

I have Salk Sound Song 3's and Salk Sound HT3's. My other electronics are up to the task except I would like to have a better quality cartridge and phono stage.

1. Red Wine Audio Isabella preamplifier
2. Bryston BDP 1
3. Spread Spectrum Technologies Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks
4. Eastern Electric Dac
5. Goldnote Valore Turntable and Ortofon Bronze cartridge
6. Goldnote Phonostage.

This turntable is a nice step up from my Goldnote Valore turntable.

Cheers Rod

Cheers Rod

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2019, 02:02 pm »
Hi Rod

Try the MM Ortofon cartridges - I use the Black on one of my BLP-1's and it sounds great.

james

Rocket

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2019, 11:45 am »
Hi James,

Thank you for the suggestion I'll definitely purchase an ortofon black mm as I already use bronze mm with my goldnote valore turntable. I'm happy to now have Bryston as my 2 sources ie. turntable and bdp-1.

Cheers Rod

LarryRS

« Reply #10 on: 5 Aug 2019, 09:46 pm »
We are down to our last 5 tables so clearing them out and looking for another table going forward. 

Its a super buy and a great table (I have 3 of them in my 3 systems) but no longer available.

james

Perhaps Bryston should consider marketing the BTP-1 separately for use with other tables.  Phoenix Engineering made some really nice speed controllers in the Falcon and Eagle models, and even marketed a feedback system (Roadrunner) for use with them.  They are no longer being sold by Phoenix Engineering, although there is a collaboration with SOTA turntables to market similar products.  Given Bryston's expertise in the electronics realm a reasonably priced Bryston turntable speed controller would be a great addition to the analog marketplace.

LarryRS