Don't strangle your amps!

klaus@odyssey

Re: Don't strangle your amps!
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jul 2015, 09:58 pm »
The regular pc is actually a KILLER one 14 / , which I tested against 5 others for a stock cord...keep in mind that as a stock unit, you'll have to be inexpensive, and it turned out great...however, of course there are better ones...

Now, with pc's I have a hard time giving exact recommendations,  as there are several factors involved, including %^*#*%^*#^&$%  AC...most times it is more of a side step than anything else...

BUT,  with over 15 years experience, and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pieces sold and feedback up the yazoo:

Get the Groneberg Quattro Reference power cord.........to promote Groneberg's I'm selling it for just $ 95.  (that's right,,,NINETYFIVE, which is a huge drop from the European pricing) with Marinco wall connector and the Groneberg pure copper contact IEC's....it is a fantastic, fantastic power cord,  BUT, as with everything else, synergy rules, and yes, for many systems there is better out there for sure, just a question as to how much you want to pay for it.......

Bottom line: if you found something that works for you, good for you...if not yet, try the Quattro Reference.......as always, bang for the buck.....

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #21 on: 6 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm »
$95?? Hell, I'll try one!

I just got off the phone with Klaus. He's so easy to talk with. He made me feel like we're college buddies.  :thumb:

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #22 on: 6 Jul 2015, 10:54 pm »
$95?? Hell, I'll try one!

I just got off the phone with Klaus. He's so easy to talk with. He made me feel like we're college buddies.  :thumb:

Although I'm reluctant to use the salty lanquage Michael did, I echo his sentiments exactly. In fact, Klaus I'm pm-ing you now to buy two pcs and a set of ICs as well. Thanks all.
Cheerio,
KP

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #23 on: 6 Jul 2015, 11:37 pm »
Salty, you say? Hah! It was ribald if it was anything. :icon_twisted:

I feel bad for buying just one PC.  :(

aaron.luebke

« Reply #24 on: 7 Jul 2015, 12:03 am »
Pretzels!  Potato chips!  Margarita's!

Now there's some salty language.   :lol:

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #25 on: 8 Jul 2015, 12:57 pm »
Send me one, Klaus!

MickeyBoy

« Reply #26 on: 8 Jul 2015, 01:38 pm »
Klaus, What is the difference between the TS-Premium pc and the Quattro Reference? Ta.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jul 2015, 10:44 pm »
Main web site has some info - the picture tells all!

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products-gronebergcable.html

Klaus can fill in the rest.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #28 on: 9 Jul 2015, 12:35 am »
Dude, you're strangling your amp with that power cord!!! You haven't heard what your Odyssey sounds like yet.

Ok - just to keep you happy I put Wireworld on that amp.  Now I do have Wireworld on everything.  If I hear some differences I'll report back.

tripwr1964

« Reply #29 on: 11 Jul 2015, 01:47 pm »
just made a set of "flavor 4's" w/ furutech FI-11 connectors for my khartago's yesterday.  seems to be a pretty good combo.
burning them in as i type.
they are a nice step up from my previous Dh labs power plus cables with marinco hospital grade connectors.

the flavor 4 add a nice bit of blackness and detail that i haven't heard with my stock or dhlabs pc's.

i havent any experience with Klaus's PC's, i am sure they are very good too.  and they're priced right.  i refuse to pay more than $200 for a cord!

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #30 on: 14 Jul 2015, 03:30 pm »
I exclusively use Shunyata Hydras in my system.  One for the amp and pre and one for the source components.  My Stratos amp and tube pre are connected to the Hydras with Shunyata Copperhead power cords (10 gauge) and also Copperheads from the wall outlet to the Hydras.  The source components all use Shunyata Diamondback Platinum power cords (12 gauge) and yes, I can definitely hear the differences.  Dynamic range increased tenfold and noise is zero.

twitch54

« Reply #31 on: 17 Jul 2015, 06:57 pm »
Dude, you're strangling your amp with that power cord!!! You haven't heard what your Odyssey sounds like yet.

utter nonsense ………..