Anyone aware of a center channel w/ Scan speak drivers?

byteme

Looking for a center to match my Odyssey Lorelei's.  Have a Nemesis on the way but am thinking I might find a better match.

Does anyone make a center using Scan Speak 8545's and the Revelator tweeter?  A center using one or the other is also an option.

I am aware that Tyler makes a center which uses the 9700 revelator.  Any other options greatly appreciated.

vpolineni

« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2004, 04:16 pm »
I'm sure tyler would make a center with a 9500 tweeter instead... he makes custom orders all the time.. give him a call.

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2004, 04:21 pm »
The nOrh 7.0 uses the exact same drivers.......

StevenACNJ

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2004, 04:46 pm »
Yes give Ty @ Tyler Acoustics a call. Great guy to deal with and will definately come up with something for you.

I have a complete HT speaker setup from TY

rotgg

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2004, 06:53 pm »
i am about to build one let me know if u would like pics i believe north creek makes a center with ss drivers too

rosconey

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2004, 07:18 pm »
you ca also give rick craig from here a call selahaudio

MikeCTM2

revelator and non-revelator class tweeters
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2004, 08:55 pm »
the 9700 and 9500 aren't considered 'revelator' tweeters, right?   only the 9900 and d2904/7000.
the 9900 being the old revelator and the 7000 being the new one.   i use the d2904/6000-01 neodymium tweeter in a MTM configuration with 18cm 8531 Mid/woofers.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2004, 11:48 pm »
A speaker with the same drives but from another company may or may not sound like the ones you have.  The X-over probably makes as much difference to the final sound as the actual drivers chosen.  Maybe more.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Anyone aware of a center channel w/ Scan speak drivers?
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2004, 03:27 am »
Quote from: byteme
Looking for a center to match my Odyssey Lorelei's.  Have a Nemesis on the way but am thinking I might find a better match.

Does anyone make a center using Scan Speak 8545's and the Revelator tweeter?  A center using one or the other is also an option.

I am aware that Tyler makes a center which uses the 9700 revelator.  Any other options greatly appreciated.
           Hey Byteme, have you received your Nemisis yet? If so. how go you like it? I feel that the Nemisis does a good job of blending with the Lorelei but the drivers ARE a different make than the Lorelei's and you've got me wondering if a center made up of the same drivers would do even a BETTER blending job than the Nemisis can do. You would think it should. :o Anyways, I'd like your input if/when you have a chance to try out the Nemisis. And any other center that you're able to try out for that matter. :D Regards, Robin