Sad to see my HT3's gone

Rocket

Sad to see my HT3's gone
« on: 25 May 2022, 11:06 pm »
Hi Guys,

Well after buying a smaller home after my divorce I've had to move on my HT3's as they were just too big for my room and didn't sound anywhere near to the potential.  Luckily, I sold them to a friend who had a pair of Song 3's which are a better match in my room as they are smaller in size and are front ported.  Anyway, after receiving some additional cash for the swap I have them up and running and they sound quite good. The midrange doesn't sound as transparent but my old HT3's bass was quite over powering.

As I am able to place them wider the soundstage is more improved as well.  At some stage in the future I may buy another pair of speakers from Jim but the Song 3's are good enough for me at the moment. Funnily, enough way back in the day I bought Spread Spectrum Technologies Ampzilla mono blocks to power my HT3's...

On a positive note the HT3's sound absolutely fabulous in my friends home as he has a dedicated sound room :).

Cheers Rod
« Last Edit: 26 May 2022, 12:49 pm by Rocket »

AllanS

Re: Sad to see my HT3's gone
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2022, 05:36 am »
Welcome to your new home!  The Songs certainly look like they fit the room better and I'm sure they sound great.  I have a pair of Supercharged SongSurrounds that put out an amazing amount of quality sound.

Rocket

Re: Sad to see my HT3's gone
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2022, 12:50 pm »
Hi,

Yes my system seems to have a better soundstage and the bass isn't overwhelming.

Thanks for your post.

Cheers Rod