Has anyone heard the Tecon 55?

ebag4

Has anyone heard the Tecon 55?
« on: 4 May 2009, 04:24 pm »
I am looking for feedback from those who have heard the Tecon 55.  I tried doing a search but the search function seems to be out of order.  I am considering using the Tecon with the top half of Danny's (GR Research) Venue speaker (97dB).  I have tried my self modded SI T-amp and it drove these speakers with ease.

I have heard the original Glow Amp One, although not with these drivers.  I liked it but the DAC section was not up to snuff.  I have a nice DAC now (MHDT Havana) but would appreciate any feedback on the Tecon DAC section as well.

Best,
Ed

knut_the_viking

Re: Has anyone heard the Tecon 55?
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2009, 10:47 pm »
I am looking for feedback from those who have heard the Tecon 55.  I tried doing a search but the search function seems to be out of order.  I am considering using the Tecon with the top half of Danny's (GR Research) Venue speaker (97dB).  I have tried my self modded SI T-amp and it drove these speakers with ease.

I have heard the original Glow Amp One, although not with these drivers.  I liked it but the DAC section was not up to snuff.  I have a nice DAC now (MHDT Havana) but would appreciate any feedback on the Tecon DAC section as well.

Best,
Ed

I own one. I use it in combination with an unmodded SB3 and Tekton 4.5'' FE127

I rather like the combination, but I cannot claim to be an expert. I play mostly simple stuff, Diana Krall-style.

I also have limited basis for comparison, my only other amp it a Sonic Impact Super-T. I do prefer the Tec-on to the Super-T, however.
No real comment on the built-in USB DAC. It does work with my laptop, and it is seen as "USB Speakers", but I can't really do sound quality comparisons

It will power my speakers to well beyond my comfort level. My room is 20x24, high ceilings.

ebag4

Re: Has anyone heard the Tecon 55?
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2009, 01:28 am »
KTV,Thanks for the response, it is appreciated.

Best,
Ed