Ncore Vs. Purifi

goryu

• Restricted
Re: Ncore Vs. Purifi
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jul 2022, 03:47 pm »
Subjectigate is an inside word only known to us subjectivist audio freaks.
I learned to share in kindergarten and love to share my elaborate opinions on audio gear. My audio gear pride knows no bounds.

If the shoe fits...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jul 2022, 03:51 pm »
The problem with goryu’s argument is that it goes something like this -

“An amp that measures better will have less of a sound and thus it is by definition a better amplifying device” 

He then proceeds to dismiss listening to an amp as ‘subjective’.  But here’s the problem.  You can only tell if the change being made is audible by actually listening to it.  An amp that measures better, but you don’t listen to it, the best you can say is that it ‘must’ be better because it measures better.

But that is a tautological argument.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2022, 05:17 pm by Tyson »

nc42acc

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jul 2022, 03:56 pm »
There are forums for measurebaters and AC is not one. Why do we need to be converted into the dark side?

nc42acc

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jul 2022, 03:59 pm »
My subjectivist shoes fit very well thank you.

If the shoe fits...

Early B.

« Reply #24 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:03 pm »
Again, nothing more valuable and important than our own subjective opinions, they just don't share very well.

That's YOUR opinion. Many opinions on this forum share very well. For instance, I bought my Purifi amp based on opinions provided here and subsequently substantiated by my own experience. Kinda worked out well for me, I would say.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:06 pm »
If I were a marketing director for an audio company, I would insist that my company's amplifiers don't have a sonic signature and use a bunch of techo-babble and measurements as "proof." Some people would actually believe it.   

BTW -- I have a Purifi amp and it definitely has a sonic signature. In fact, I can swap out input buffers to alter the sound, but the measurements wouldn't change. Of course, the naysayers would claim that input buffers have no bearing on the sound and round and round we go...

No doubt differences in input buffers may in fact alter the output signal in some way, whether by changing the distortion spectra, altering how the amp reacts to a particular load, etc. Notice how companies like VTV offer half a dozen or more input buffer op amps- if one was universally "the best", they wouldn't be offering all the options they do. Reason being, obviously tastes differ. The point is you may prefer the sound in your system and environment with buffer A while someone else may prefer the sound with buffer B. Only the end listener can make the determination as to which THEY prefer and therefore there really is no point in either soliciting subjective opinions nor offering them.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:08 pm »
That's YOUR opinion. Many opinions on this forum share very well. For instance, I bought my Purifi amp based on opinions provided here and subsequently substantiated by my own experience. Kinda worked out well for me, I would say.

Lucky you. Doesn't hold true for everyone.

I won't even mention confirmation bias.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:09 pm »

No, it's a fact that tastes vary and the fact that you prefer A-1 on your steak doesn't mean I will.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:10 pm »

“An amp that measures better will have less of a sound and thus it is by definition a better amplifying device” 

He then proceeds to dismiss listening to an amp as ‘subjective’.  But here’s the problem.  You can only tell if the change being made is audible by actually listening to it.  An amp that measures better, but you don’t listen to it, the best you can say is that it ‘must’ be better because it measures better.

But, that assumes you t

Wrong, I haven't dismissed listening to any amp. Gross mischaracterization of my statements. Try again.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:16 pm »
There are forums for measurebaters and AC is not one. Why do we need to be converted into the dark side?

You still don't understand.

Not trying to convert anyone unless appeals to logic and reason are considered conversion therapy, in which case I will simply say enjoy your comfortable shoes.

nc42acc

« Reply #30 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:24 pm »
Goryu please state your end goal with your argument?

You still don't understand.

Not trying to convert anyone unless appeals to logic and reason are considered conversion therapy, in which case I will simply say enjoy your comfortable shoes.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:25 pm »

I have, repeatedly.

nc42acc

« Reply #32 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:29 pm »
Ok. Thank you for stating the obvious in your numerous posts.

I have, repeatedly.

richidoo

« Reply #33 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:31 pm »
Some amps designed to impress meters
Some amps designed to impress eyes
Some amps designed to impress ego
Some amps designed to impress ears
Some amps designed to impress heart
Very few amps impress them all
Choose your poison
Let friends choose differently

No matter which choice, we all still "paid how much?!?! For just the amplifier?!?!?"  :D

nc42acc

« Reply #34 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:34 pm »
Rich is this the cliff notes version of Goryu argument?

Some amps designed to impress meters
Some amps designed to impress eyes
Some amps designed to impress ego
Some amps designed to impress ears
Some amps designed to impress heart
Very few amps impress them all
Choose your poison
Let friends choose differently

No matter which choice, we all still "paid how much?!?! For just the amplifier?!?!?"  :D

Early B.

« Reply #35 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:37 pm »

I like this one:

"I buy audio gear, but I don't listen to it because I need to remain objective. Instead, I spend time reading the measurements and imagining what my system sounds like."

seikosha

« Reply #36 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:41 pm »

I think I get what Goryu is saying and I agree 100%.  Amps do sound different, there is no disputing that for me.  The thing is, what sounds best for you doesn’t necessarily sound best for me and while amp “a” may sound better to me than amp “b”, if I move them into different rooms, or connect them to different systems, that opinion may change.  There are no absolute answers, therefor it’s a little silly to ask on a forum what’s best because it’s dependent on rooms, systems, listener preferences and even type of music played.

I’ve got multiple systems set up in my house and depending on the room and components set up, I might prefer the Decware, or the Quicksilver or something else.  Heck, I can even make my little Brio sound the best in a certain room with a certain set of components and certain music.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #37 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:41 pm »
I like this one:

"I buy audio gear, but I don't listen to it because I need to remain objective. Instead, I spend time reading the measurements and imagining what my system sounds like."

More mischaracterization. Is this willful ignorance or just simple garden variety ignorance?

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #38 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:42 pm »
I think I get what Goryu is saying and I agree 100%.  Amps do sound different, there is no disputing that for me.  The thing is, what sounds best for you doesn’t necessarily sound best for me and while amp “a” may sound better to me than amp “b”, if I move them into different rooms, or connect them to different systems, that opinion may change.  There are no absolute answers, therefor it’s a little silly to ask on a forum what’s best because it’s dependent on rooms, systems, listener preferences and even type of music played.

I’ve got multiple systems set up in my house and depending on the room and components set up, I might prefer the Decware, or the Quicksilver or something else.  Heck, I can even make my little Brio sound the best in a certain room with a certain set of components and certain music.

Glad to see there is indeed intelligent life on this planet. Thank you.

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #39 on: 23 Jul 2022, 04:43 pm »
Ok. Thank you for stating the obvious in your numerous posts.

obvious and yet you don't seem to understand.