An LGK 2.0 Review for Those Considering Buying Them

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: An LGK 2.0 Review for Those Considering Buying Them
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jul 2022, 07:27 pm »
I've kept changing listening positions while the speakers are burning in. Speakers are 7ft from back wall, cone centers are 4ft apart and my position is about 2ft in front of the speakers. This sounds better to me. The singers or the center image is louder, more in line with the rest of the mix. My question is, is this a weird setup? I've never sat that close before and don't know if I'm doing something wrong. This has however yielded the best results so far.
The track I was listening to was: "I've got you under my skin" Frank Sinatra Live at the Sands.

Not weird. Other than being farther out from the wall, your setup is close to mine. I might be 3ft from the speakers, depending on how close my chair is to the desk.

Experiment with different amounts of toe in if you haven't.

la80vette

« Reply #21 on: 15 Jul 2022, 02:58 pm »
Yes, I have experimented with toe in. Speakers pointed right in front of my face (not at my ears) or just behind my head is where I find they sound best. How much does the front wall have to do with the center image being forward or farther away? Admittedly, I have not tried bringing them closer to the front wall.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #22 on: 15 Jul 2022, 03:04 pm »
Sitting that close is not weird at all, in fact one of the reasons to get a single driver speaker is that it allows this type of extreme nearfield listening because there aren't multiple drivers needing to integrate. 

bhassel

« Reply #23 on: 3 Aug 2022, 05:11 pm »

X-CS Encores on a pair of Danny's speaker stands with 8" servo subs

I must have, missed the speaker stands with the 8" servo subs. Is there a link to the info?

Thanks,

Bob

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 3 Aug 2022, 10:25 pm »
The amps for those subs are currently unavailable.
We have 100 of them on order from Rythmik, but it will be a while before they are ready due to the ongoing chip shortages they've been facing.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 3 Aug 2022, 10:51 pm »
In the meantime, here's the link to the thread for the BSSE - Best Speaker Stands Ever

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129161.0