Hello from Colorado

swsmith7648

Hello from Colorado
« on: 20 May 2018, 12:37 am »
Scott from Denver area is joining the circle.  I have a couple of Bryston products in my system, a BIT-20 and a BDP-1.  Actually, this is my second BDP-1 as I sold the first, then purchased a second after missing the first one!  However, I am now having trouble linking my BDP-1 to a PC running Windows 10 which is setup for file sharing and (hopefully) will act as a NAS.  It is strange because I was previously able to make this work, but now the BDP just won't connect up over the ethernet.  If anyone has expertise or experience in this area, I would love to hear from you.

The rest of my system:
Audio Research Digital Media Bridge (DAC and Preamplifier)
Audio Research Reference 150 Power Amplifier
PS Audio NPC Phono Converter
VPI Aries Series 1 Extended TT and JMW Memorial 2.7 tonearm
Dynavector Karat 17D2 Pickup
Nordost Red Dawn Interconnects and Speaker Cables
Rockport Mira Series 1 Loudspeakers

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2018, 12:52 am »
Welcome aboard Scott :thumb:
Check the W10 firewall.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2018, 01:06 am »
I am now having trouble linking my BDP-1 to a PC running Windows 10 which is setup for file sharing and (hopefully) will act as a NAS.  It is strange because I was previously able to make this work, but now the BDP just won't connect up over the ethernet.  If anyone has expertise or experience in this area, I would love to hear from you.

Welcome Scott. Post this question in the Bryston Circle and I’m sure you’ll get all the eyes and attention that can help you, including the man himself - James Tanner.  :wink:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2018, 03:43 am »
Welcome!

THROWBACK

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2018, 12:26 pm »
Welcome, Scott. Where in CO do you live (I live in Colo Spgs)? Lot's of nice audiophiles here in CO, and we have gatherings every so often to lie about our systems and hoist a brew. Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with our glorious leader.

I tried to send you a PM, but no could do.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2018, 03:11 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Scott   :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2018, 12:05 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Scott.  Lots of AC members in the Denver, CO area.