2009 Mercer Island DIY Meet

TerryO

2009 Mercer Island DIY Meet
« on: 13 Jul 2009, 03:19 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society is sponsoring a DIY Meet to be held on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at the Church on Mercer Island, WA (about 6 miles east of Seattle). The "Club" will have a system, or two, set up in order that whatever you bring can be played.

This is not a contest, rather an informal "Run what ya brung" meet, where people will be encouraged to try out their equipment, meet and talk to like minded individuals, and hopefully get ideas for future projects.

We hope to open the doors at about 10:00 am and wind it up at 4 or 5 pm. If you've never been to one of these events, I can only say they're a lot of fun and a great way to spend an hour (or all day!).

I'll be posting more, such as directions, in the future as things progress, but you still have time to finish up any incomplete projects that you might want to share. Preamps, amps, speakers and just about anything Audio is welcome.

Best Regards,
TerryO

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: 2009 Mercer Island DIY Meet
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2009, 04:30 am »
Terry....
I'll be moving your post to the "new" Audio Show and Event circle...sounds like a nice event...good luck. :thumb:

TerryO

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2009, 06:27 am »
That's fine, I didn't realize there was a Shows and Events area.

Best Regards,
TerryO

TerryO

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2009, 02:45 am »
It's been a bit since I last posted, so I'll give an update.

On another forum someone asked if there will be any "swap" tables. The answer is yes, we will provide some tables for swap goods. In fact, one of the better known Northwest diy speaker builders has decided that he needs to "thin the herd" a bit after moving to his new house and evidently will be bringing a fair number of drivers.

This event is a diy meet and as such it would seem odd if people weren't looking for parts or "stuff" for future projects. There is just one thing that I need mention, namely that the "club" does not provide baby-sitters to watch your gear.

DIY'ers are, by their very nature, extremely independent, can-do individuals that can be depended upon to look after their own stuff.
 :green:

Best Regards,
TerryO

TerryO

« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2009, 06:00 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I felt that directions to the Church are in order. Please note that the event takes place in the basement. You'll find that the parking lot is sloped, just go downhill (I've been doing that for years!) and you're there.

So....Here Tiz:
http://www.scn.org/scottish/maps/michurch.htm

Best Regards,
TerryO