Subwoofer and SongTowers

taoggniklat

Subwoofer and SongTowers
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 04:24 am »
For those of you that have SongTowers and use a subwoofer, which model do you have? And why did you choose to match that one with your Salk's?

Mr_Superstar

Re: Subwoofer and SongTowers
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2010, 02:20 pm »
I have the SongSub. I chose it because 1) "Matched" the SongTower's so I figure it had similar design goals, 2) Great price in whatever finish I wanted (I got Satin black) and 3) Had a good recommendation from Randybes.

taoggniklat

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:05 pm »
Thanks Superstar.

Any other suggestions out there?  :)

TJHUB

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2010, 12:35 am »
Check out the Rythmiks.  You'll never regret it!  :wink:

Stylus

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2010, 12:51 am »
I just added the Rythmik 12" sub to my Songtower setup.  GREAT SUB!  I haven't had a lot of time to dial it in perfectly yet, but even with the little effort I got the following.  Green is before sub, Red is after.   

Since I am running a 2-channel integrated with no bass management, the ST's are running full range and the sub is crossed over at about 70Hz, and then I used the EQ to get rid of a peak at about 70Hz due to the higherish Xover point.  I did this to get rid of the null I had at 60Hz.  Worked out pretty well.  Still working on placement and room treatments to smooth out the response.  What the graph doesn't tell you is the musicality of the sub.  Very tight and well defined.  I had tried my old Energy sub when I first got the ST's and hated it.  It hardly added any extension and just added ugly "boom."  This sub disappears beautifully and turns the ST's into a true full range speaker.  Loving it!