Songtower supercharged, HT1-TL, HT2, V3, HT2-TL,

supermo26

I have read the Salk website and taken notes but I'm still unsure about the models that are close in price.

Songtower Supercharged $3499.

HT1-TL                            $3499.

HT2                                 $3699.

Price jump is over $400.
V3                                   $4295

HT2-TL                             $4499

Ok so as far as price vs performance, which is a better deal? 
I don't feel the need to customize the boxes for looks. I wasn't sure if a less expensive model with upgraded parts would be better than a more expensive model with no upgrades.

Living room is close to 23ft X 23ft. Cielings are 9ft high and they vault up at an angle an additional 3 feet. I have a lot of room so size is not a concern.

My dining room / kitchen are connect to the living room via a 4 foot wide entrance. I'd like to have enough sound to allow my wife to hear music while in the kitchen. She doesn't care about the degraded sound quality because she is used to listening threw a small tablet size laptop.

We don't have any speakers or audio equipment at all.

I have demoed the B&W's 800 series just cause they were there (way out of my budget), 600 series and CM9 series. All sounded good but I haven't been able to compare them to anything else. I live in Klamath Falls OR. and there is nothing close by. Bend is almost 3 hour drive.

I'm not knocking B&W but I wasn't sure if CM9's were worth $3000. a pair.

Saturn94

Re: Songtower supercharged, HT1-TL, HT2, V3, HT2-TL,
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2013, 05:30 pm »
Will you be getting a sub?  If yes, I would pick the Supercharged Songtower.  If not, I would choose the HT2-TL.  In that size room you need something with good bass output capabilities.  And no, my recommendation is not based on the fact that I'm selling a pair of HT2-TLs. :lol:

PS - If you contact Jim Salk he will look to see if there is a local Salk owner willing to offer an audition. :wink:

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2013, 06:51 pm »
Will you be getting a sub?  If yes, I would pick the Supercharged Songtower.  If not, I would choose the HT2-TL.  In that size room you need something with good bass output capabilities.  And no, my recommendation is not based on the fact that I'm selling a pair of HT2-TLs. :lol:

PS - If you contact Jim Salk he will look to see if there is a local Salk owner willing to offer an audition. :wink:
This was going to be my exact recommendation, so I'll just say +1.

floresjc

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2013, 02:32 pm »
A stock HT2-TL is alot of speaker for the money. IMO, it is the best buy in the Salk line.

I've been reading this board for years, and it seems most people get the stock internal components (no upgraded caps etc), and I've yet to see maybe one post that said there is a night and day difference between the stock components.

If it were me, I'd get the HT2-TL in a standard finish, and standard components, and call it a day if money is an issue.

Edit to say I own both stock HT2-TL and Songtowers. "Super charging" the Songtowers wouldn't give them the bottom end that the HT2-TL has and so my perspective is based on that observation. Both are great speakers. I have the Songtowers hooked up to my computer, and my HT2-TL's hooked up to my main tv.