Salkstream Forum

s_cervin

Salkstream Forum
« on: 7 Dec 2011, 06:29 pm »
Just ran into a thread that had Salkstream info and went over to the site.  Looks like Jim just opened up a new forum to discuss these new products.  I plan to stop by the shop before the holiday's to get a better understanding of what these players are capable of and how to integrate into my system.

In May-June we will be moving into a new home and I'm expecting to have a dedicated audio room in the basement.  My current system is/was Squeezebox>Wyred DAC-2>Belles Ref 350A>HT3's.  I had nothing but problems with my Squeezebox, but I think they were router/network related.  I only want a system connected to the network so I can use an iPad or iPhone to control the system.  The server/player combo might just be the ticket.  Looking to play 16/44.1-24/96 and native DSD.  Also looking into the Sonore product, but  I would prefer to keep the $$ local and Jim offers great support.

So those with product experience head on over and help those of us looking into the product out!

Wondering if I actually am a member before Pete?   :D  probably not :lol:
SC

jsalk

Re: Salkstream Forum
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2011, 07:04 pm »
Well, you won't find any posts there yet.  But we wanted to get everything set up so that people with questions could find all the info they needed.  It will probably be a little slow to begin with, but based on the number of inquiries we have been getting without even announcing the product officially, it shouldn't take too long to get some posts going.

- Jim

won ton on

Re: Salkstream Forum
« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2011, 08:53 pm »
well i'll be interested in one. any idea what the price will be. i'm also considering the bryston. when are they going to be available ?