Give me your opinions

PDR

• May the best man win
Give me your opinions
« on: 28 Jun 2018, 12:12 am »
So a friend of mine wants to try OB....
He gets a hold of me and asks me to recommend a kit.
He has decent subs.....JL Audio D110, and a budget of $2000

I would like your guys opinions.....only on GR stuff though.

What would you tell him.....?

Captainhemo

Re: Give me your opinions
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2018, 02:15 am »
oops

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2018, 02:20 am »
Hey Perry
Well, you  can't beat the bang  for buck of the  X-Statik  kits but not fully  OB. The   wedgie and NX-MTm kits will need  subs that play  up pretty high, near 200hz for the  wedgies,  a bit lower  fo rthe  MTM's.

The NX-Otica's are around  $2k including the  flat pack and afully  Ob  from  tweeter to woofers. See my  post  above...  even without  the  dsp  aditions in those   graphs,  they reach  down to  a  solid 50-60 hz in some rooms.
I do need to get mnore  wings /braces    cut for  the Otica  kits....,  thankfully  we're getting  going on some cutting  once  again.

Is your buddy up here in Canada ?  If so and he ever  gets over  to the  OK valley, he is more  than  welcome to stop by  for a  listen

jay

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2018, 01:40 pm »
Hey Perry
Well, you  can't beat the bang  for buck of the  X-Statik  kits but not fully  OB. The   wedgie and NX-MTm kits will need  subs that play  up pretty high, near 200hz for the  wedgies,  a bit lower  fo rthe  MTM's.

The NX-Otica's are around  $2k including the  flat pack and afully  Ob  from  tweeter to woofers. See my  post  above...  even without  the  dsp  aditions in those   graphs,  they reach  down to  a  solid 50-60 hz in some rooms.
I do need to get mnore  wings /braces    cut for  the Otica  kits....,  thankfully  we're getting  going on some cutting  once  again.

Is your buddy up here in Canada ?  If so and he ever  gets over  to the  OK valley, he is more  than  welcome to stop by  for a  listen

jay

-3 in my room is 37hz.

Ill also vouch for Jay and Dons work - the flat packs are impeccable and pretty easy to build.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2018, 02:04 pm »
Here’s another vote for X-Statiks.  For the money they are one of the best bargains out there.  Add a sealed servo subwoofer and you’ve got full range sound that will make your jaw drop.  :o :green: