Whole lotta rain!!!

EdRo

Re: Whole lotta rain!!!
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2015, 09:19 pm »
Mudvayne made best new band, and showed up in tuxs full of bullet holes and faux blood. Remember?

EdRo

« Reply #21 on: 5 Jun 2015, 12:57 am »
ok guys, this might not be everyones cup of tea...definitely not as MELODIC as Petes soap opera theme song band, but, (they were really great, Pete, I'm just joshin you!!!)
https://youtu.be/WMC5xiWXkM0

Mudvaynes bassist is a monster!

EdRo

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jun 2015, 01:02 am »
https://youtu.be/XhE1dwb2mzk
Another Mudvayne, but the composition of this song makes for great dynamics. Imagine Perfect Circle, Slipknot and Rage against the Machine having a love child of a song.

KLH007

« Reply #23 on: 5 Jun 2015, 04:15 am »
The 1st song on Black Sabbaths 1st LP.

The one that starts with rain and thunder, great call.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 5 Jun 2015, 05:14 am »
Typical selective hearing, intentional misrepresentation.  What I said was it's too melodic, different from having any sort of melody.  Most of that stuff you were listening too, that was the theme, happy dance through the meadows melodic overtone with an occasional heavier drop scattered amongst. 

Metal is easy to recognize, if it makes you want to rip someone's face off and wear it as a skin mask, it's metal.  If it makes you want to smile and pick dandelions, it's something else. 

Listen to Rust in Peace, tell me Hangar 18 and Holy Wars don't have melody.  The difference is they sure aren't happy faa-laa-laa melodies.

Of course they do.  But the stuff I was listening to yesterday that you heard for 3 seconds had no lyrics and was as metal as it gets.  No fa la la involved.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #25 on: 5 Jun 2015, 05:28 am »
https://youtu.be/XhE1dwb2mzk
Another Mudvayne, but the composition of this song makes for great dynamics. Imagine Perfect Circle, Slipknot and Rage against the Machine having a love child of a song.

Liking the Mudvayne!!!  Good stuff.  Probably too much fa la la for Ryan though.

GentleBender

« Reply #26 on: 5 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm »
ok guys, this might not be everyones cup of tea...definitely not as MELODIC as Petes soap opera theme song band, but, (they were really great, Pete, I'm just joshin you!!!)
https://youtu.be/WMC5xiWXkM0

Mudvaynes bassist is a monster!
I meant the way they dressed and did the funny makeup in the "Dig" video, I didn't mean their playing style. I can definitely appreciate the band, especially the bassist and drummer. Too bad they never released that album on vinyl. The last 90s and early 2000 were rough on vinyl.

EdRo

« Reply #27 on: 5 Jun 2015, 05:20 pm »
They dressed up and used make-up like the video for the first couple years that they played out, as far as I know. Intense band. I heard one of them in an interview explaining how the songs on their first album were all part of a complex math problem. They weren't your average metal band.

tesseract

« Reply #28 on: 6 Jun 2015, 09:20 pm »
 :lol:

kingdeezie

« Reply #29 on: 6 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm »
They dressed up and used make-up like the video for the first couple years that they played out, as far as I know. Intense band. I heard one of them in an interview explaining how the songs on their first album were all part of a complex math problem. They weren't your average metal band.

Except that post LD 50, they became completely awful. Ryan was a very good bassist though. He started severely underplaying as the band got worse and worse.