7XRS speakers arrived this week

hdrider

7XRS speakers arrived this week
« on: 12 Apr 2015, 12:55 am »
We received our 7XRS speakers in walnut (the pair is now pictured on the site) on Thursday, got them home, unpacked and hooked up before having to head out for the evening. My wife listened and watch a movie that night and I listened to them for about a 1/2. I had had a CD on repeat all day Friday while we were at work and came home and actually got to sit down and listen. Now I get it. They have been playing Cd's all day while I paint upstairs and now the records are hitting the turntable. The Decware Rachael and ZP3 phonostage are well broken in and this combo is sublime. Even with only a little less than 30 hours on the speakers, they are so resolving of everything on the records I am just floored. No matter what I play (painting music was Yessongs, Peter Gabriel, Dixie Dregs, Porcupine Tree) and cocktail before dinner has been Lorenna McKinnet, Linda Ronstat/Nelson Riddle. I feel that Louis will get a call this coming week regarding a sub, the bass is really good on the speakers (tone, texture, depth) but I do feel that on my own record and some Genesis the Moog bass pedals need some support. Bassist's are a picky lot. This whole Omega experience has been fantastic. Speakers were ready to ship when Louis said they would be, packaging was great, walnut cabinets are perfect and rock solid and the speakers are fast, articulate, spacious, resolving. I did change out the spikes (one of the benefits of running a machine shop) but used the same configuration of one tall one in front and two shorter ones in back for the tilt. Really really pleased. More to come as they break in. If you are on the fence about jumping in, jump now!! Louis you make an amazing product. Happy listening, Chris.

milford3

Re: 7XRS speakers arrived this week
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2015, 01:26 am »
Welcome to the Omega family hdrider.  Please keep us posted on your break in.  My Hoyt Type 1's only took 100 hours of break.  What was your finish level?  And yes, we love pictures.

hdrider

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2015, 01:25 am »
Speaker are breaking in very well, near 65 hours this evening. We are really very happy with Louis and the 7XRS speakers. My wife commented during Sunday's listening session that she say not need to replace the Sequerra (4 way modular system with the crossovers to match) even though she understood my explanation about the lack of crossover, phase alignment etc etc. She said she is so amazed at how great these sound with the Decware gear. I am so excited to get home and get some listening in on the nights I am without commitments. Feeling blessed. Thank you Louis and all the members who supplied info and opinions.  Happy listening, Chris.

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2015, 01:45 am »
Keep the posts coming. There isn't a lot of info about the 7 monitors or 7xrs. Your impressions are helpful. :D

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2015, 02:31 am »
Congratulations hdrider on a great system.
As I write this I'm listening to Super 7 Monitor MK2s with a Temple Audio Bantam Gold class D amp and Resonessence Labs Herus+ DAC in a room system.  Talk about resolution, clarity, inner detail, and PRAT.  The top end shimmer and sense of space is amazing.

hdrider, hmmm.  What Harley are you riding?  I've owned half a dozen and my favorite was my 67 Shovelhead that was done up inside and out.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2015, 05:05 am »
Congratulations hdrider on a great system.
As I write this I'm listening to Super 7 Monitor MK2s with a Temple Audio Bantam Gold class D amp and Resonessence Labs Herus+ DAC in a room system.  Talk about resolution, clarity, inner detail, and PRAT.  The top end shimmer and sense of space is amazing.

Oh, goody. I'm going to experience this in approximately three weeks. Don't move anything, Rob!

hdrider

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2015, 11:36 am »
Canada Rob- I have a '89 FLSTC that is having a total rebuild on it as we speak. The bike has about 135k on it, I bought it used with just under 30k, rode it and had it rebuilt @ 65k and now it has spent the last few months in the loving care of a great builder and should run until the state and my family say I am too old to ride anymore…Loving the Omega/Decware combo. Trying to figure out the picture posting on this forum, I will get something posted by the weekend. Happy listening, Chris.

hdrider

« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2015, 11:26 am »
I tried (none too successfully) to get a gallery going with some photos last night. Only managed to get one to load up of the turntable, but I will get some pics of the 7XRS speakers and rack this weekend when I have a little more time. By the end of this evening we should hit 100 hours, and I have to say my short listen after work yesterday things are developing fine. Love the speakers and Decware, a great combo. My wife is now bringing home flooring samples to work with the walnut Louis used on the 7's and I have to say the living room is going to look great when this remodel is done. Happy listening, Chris.

beowulf

« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:32 am »
hdrider, thanks for the impressions and they do echo a lot of what others are saying and with my sentiments as well.  The Omega and Decware stuff works so good together you would think that Louis and Steve got together, had a few beers and made some stuff for each other. :thumb:

Not to mention there is incredible value, solid engineering (and sanity) within both companies' philosophies that is getting rarer to find these days in hi-fi IMO ... especially where vendors are charging 20K for a freaking USB cable. :duh:

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2015, 02:00 pm »

hdrider

« Reply #10 on: 18 Apr 2015, 02:26 pm »
Beowulf- I totally agree with your comments regarding the absurdity of todays high end audio. Both Louis and Steve have brought so much value and solid engineering to the table with these products. It has taken quite a few months to sell off the old gear and get the Omega/Decware pieces in place but the enjoyment that both my wife and I are experiencing now is very tough to put into words. I find myself just sitting and listening with my head trying wrap around what I am hearing. There is a completeness to my system now that has never been there. That's not to say that there won't be additional items added, but I cannot see replacing any of these components. I feel blessed. Happy listening, Chris.

Jolly

« Reply #11 on: 18 Apr 2015, 02:27 pm »
 If they sound half as good as they look you have a great pair of speakers!! Which stands are you using? Louis is a real gem and gives you tremendous bang for you buck.

hdrider

« Reply #12 on: 18 Apr 2015, 04:06 pm »
My 7XRS speakers are floor standing speakers. Quite a bit smaller foot print that the Sequerra system they replaced and sound far far better. No crossover, single driver with a 6 watt SET is an amazing combo. Even with my wife's background music on Pandora, it's amazing. Put on a record and it is jaw dropping great. Happy listening, Chris.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2015, 07:03 pm »
My 7XRS speakers are floor standing speakers. Quite a bit smaller foot print that the Sequerra system they replaced and sound far far better. No crossover, single driver with a 6 watt SET is an amazing combo. Even with my wife's background music on Pandora, it's amazing. Put on a record and it is jaw dropping great. Happy listening, Chris.

Are you using the "Rachel" Decware amp on them?

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2015, 07:08 pm »
Nevermind. I just re-read the post and yes you are.  :D

Once I get my Omega's I am going to try them with my current Pioneer Elite integrated amp but I am eventually going to end up with the Super Zen, once I can save the money for one.