My Liquids < a month away!

JCarney

Re: My Liquids < a month away!
« Reply #40 on: 11 Mar 2023, 03:21 pm »
Very Nice! Sweet ass room. Many years of enjoyment will be had in that room. Well done.

JCarney

tparm

« Reply #41 on: 13 Mar 2023, 01:20 pm »
Thanks for the kind comments. I know they need more time, but the transformation after about 65-70 hours is quite surprising. Finally sat down for about two hours last evening and went through a very eclectic set list. Not once was the tweeter overly pronounced or artificially sibilant, the bass is just astounding (too much so for a couple of days), the tonal texture and cohesiveness best I've heard in my room and oh my word, as all of you know, the imaging/soundstage is NUTS. I was playing around with the Chesky Audiophile Speaker Set Up disc (downloaded stream) and while I've experienced width of the soundstage (the Polk LSiM707s were surprisingly good in this area) I've not heard such depth before. So great. I can't wait to hear how the sound evolves over time. Well done Klaus.

For anyone interested the baffle of the speakers is 4' 6" from the back wall, the rear corner of the speakers at 18" form the side wall making them about 10' from tweeter to tweeter and I sit about 8'5" from them.

GentleBender

« Reply #42 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:11 pm »
Those speakers look great in that room. I’m happy for you.  :beer:

BikeFi10

« Reply #43 on: 14 Mar 2023, 03:49 pm »
Great looking room and speakers. What are the panels behind liquids? What is the rest of your rig?
Im a big fan of soundstage. Its been hit or miss with my Magnepan 7i s. From my experience, I think box speakers might work better for that. Less back reflects to confuse things. I havent heard liquids. They look so "simple" to have such great soundstage people speak of.
So after a 4 month remodel, rig upgrade including a Kismet in Kartago that just bruned in after 3 months, Im losing my music room due to family moving in for awhile. Sympathy flowers accepted :(

qdrone

« Reply #44 on: 14 Mar 2023, 06:08 pm »
I told you they were worth the wait. They look fabulous  and I bet they sound like the Sirens of Vahalla announcing your arrival. Enjoy and good health...

tparm

« Reply #45 on: 16 Mar 2023, 03:44 pm »
Great looking room and speakers. What are the panels behind liquids? What is the rest of your rig?
Im a big fan of soundstage. Its been hit or miss with my Magnepan 7i s. From my experience, I think box speakers might work better for that. Less back reflects to confuse things. I havent heard liquids. They look so "simple" to have such great soundstage people speak of.
So after a 4 month remodel, rig upgrade including a Kismet in Kartago that just bruned in after 3 months, Im losing my music room due to family moving in for awhile. Sympathy flowers accepted :(

Sorry about your room! If you need temporary home for your amps let me
Know.  :D Those are ATS corner bass traps, I have 2” panels on the ceiling, slat walls with carpet padding on left side wall covering a hole for a rack from when I had a full HT set up. I’m using a Mola Mola Kula with Tambaqui DAC/Roon. Audio Art statement AC and speaker cables. I actually removed some diffusion and acoustic panels when I went to a 2 channel system. Also just installed simple crown moulding to get rid of the 90 degree transitions in the room. Haven’t done an RT60 measurement but things are sounding really good. The speakers are truly incredible.

Baemer

« Reply #46 on: 13 Apr 2023, 01:24 pm »
Congrats on these beauties, and an amazing room!

What specific speaker stands/blocks are you using?  I am expecting some Kismet Floorstanders some time in the next month, and love to hear thoughts on what folks have found to benefit the sound.

Thank you!  B

tparm

« Reply #47 on: 14 Apr 2023, 08:54 pm »
Congrats on these beauties, and an amazing room!

What specific speaker stands/blocks are you using?  I am expecting some Kismet Floorstanders some time in the next month, and love to hear thoughts on what folks have found to benefit the sound.

Thank you!  B

Thanks, Liquids continue to impress. I’m using 3” butcher block acoustics finished in matt black with SVS Soundpath feet. With the bass driver on the Liquids the plinths play a significant role in tidying up the bass. Per Klaus’s recommendation I used brass (from Edensound) feet on the speakers, two on back corners and one slightly shorter one in front. Also, these thing center image for days, also per Klaus, less toe than you think, fine tune by ear. Finally, instead of a perfect triangle (seat to speakers, speakers to each other), move the MLP to about 80%, ie of speakers are 10’ apart from tweeter to tweeter, place your main listening position about 8’ from each speaker. I’m about 85% instead of 80%, and sounds great.

Baemer

« Reply #48 on: 15 Apr 2023, 02:51 pm »
Thank you, @tparm!

vinny1

« Reply #49 on: 15 Apr 2023, 10:08 pm »
Hi TParm,

Do you have the brass feet threaded in? If so, did you have Klaus pre-drill holes to accept it? Waiting in line on my liquids too 😃.

Thanks
Vinny1

Rshorb

« Reply #50 on: 16 Apr 2023, 07:59 am »
Delete

tparm

« Reply #51 on: 17 Apr 2023, 05:09 pm »
Hi TParm,

Do you have the brass feet threaded in? If so, did you have Klaus pre-drill holes to accept it? Waiting in line on my liquids too 😃.

Thanks
Vinny1

Vinny1, waiting is difficult, haha. I do have mine threaded. I ordered the threads from Amazon and drilled them myself. Klaus provided photos of the crossover mounted before buttoning up the speakers so I knew I had plenty room if I stayed out towards the edges of the bottom plate of the speakers.

tparm

« Reply #52 on: 17 Apr 2023, 07:41 pm »
Forgot I took a photo.

vinny1

« Reply #53 on: 22 Apr 2023, 07:50 pm »
Thanks. This helps. I ordered the same one from edensound.

dpatters

« Reply #54 on: 22 Apr 2023, 08:21 pm »
I had the Edensound Footers. They were ok. Changed to TrackPoint with much better results

Don P

liptrader

Re: LIQUIDS for $ 150.00 a pair?
« Reply #55 on: 24 Apr 2023, 11:00 pm »
That must be a typo. Probably that’s what Klaus paid to ship them or you really know how to put on a beggar’s act. Anyway the LIQUIDS are worth their weight in gold. Enjoy them, give them a hug and kiss so they’ll sound sweeter. Don’t let you wife see you.

tparm

« Reply #56 on: 25 Apr 2023, 01:56 am »
I had the Edensound Footers. They were ok. Changed to TrackPoint with much better results

Don P

I’d suggest trying placing the speakers on maple plinths, likely make more of a difference than the feet.

tparm

« Reply #57 on: 25 Apr 2023, 01:57 am »
Actually no idea what speakers those are so my statement, and a comparison of the two, may be useless.