Gallo Acoustics single driver speakers

TomekZur

Gallo Acoustics single driver speakers
« on: 17 Aug 2022, 03:32 am »
I've put together speakers with 3 inch drivers by Fostex & Mark Audio & the Jordans, but do most like the Gallo micro & a'diva because they really disappear. Curious why Gallo speakers get little comment on forums and curious if theres and easy way to get spheres in which to place other drivers?

cfisher835

Re: Gallo Acoustics single driver speakers
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2022, 12:54 pm »
I really liked my Ref. 3s. I replaced them with Spatial M3 Turbo S, but I still think fondly of them. I think the company must have been sold because there hasn't been much news for a long time.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2022, 02:52 pm »
The company did change hands several years ago, and I believe Gallo is no longer involved.  I think there is still a dedicated Gallo forum on the AVS forums, and I'm aware of at least one small group who really modify the older models for better performance.  Making the spheres is both difficult and expensive.  I'm not aware of anyone making spherical cabinets for diy. You may want to look into Egg shaped cabinets as they have even better dispersion characteristics and less resonance issues compared to spherical cabinets.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2022, 12:46 pm »
Briefly heard them once and didn't care for them, sounded thin and tiny.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2022, 06:01 pm »
Briefly heard them once and didn't care for them, sounded thin and tiny.
Not sure if you're referring to the little Micro speakers but the earlier Bass Ball models with either 2, 3, or 4 woofers per side and the 330° Piezo tweeter were anything but thin. They are very fun speakers. Essentially omnidirectional and quite transparent. The round ball does have cabinet resonances though.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2022, 01:41 am »
Curious why Gallo speakers get little comment on forums and curious if theres and easy way to get spheres in which to place other drivers?
They are French not American.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2022, 02:28 am »
They are French not American.

American born, now in the UK (with US support in NYC) according to their website.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2022, 02:46 am »
They are now based in US.