• Florida Audio Expo: 8 Feb 2019 - 10 Feb 2019

Florida Audio Expo

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
Re: Florida Audio Expo
« Reply #100 on: 20 Feb 2023, 02:03 pm »
Aj,

Thank you for providing the speakers for my room. The synergy was fantastic.

Leo

Kray

« Reply #101 on: 20 Feb 2023, 09:21 pm »
Enjoyed my time this weekend. even if I didn't totally get to sit in every room and listen... only got in 2-3hrs on Saturday and 2hrs on Sunday.

These were by far my favorite sounding rooms. I know it's hard to get ideal sound, but these imparticularly impressed me

« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2023, 04:43 am by Kray »

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #102 on: 21 Feb 2023, 12:57 am »
Great show. Surprised at the turnout, particularly Saturday, lots of full rooms. Hotel staff seemed stressed at points but we had no real issues to speak of. Enjoyed the breakfast and happy hours. I met some interesting folks and made a couple new contacts.

Another surprise was the Aesthetix room. Beautifully crafted gear, rich, textured sound.

Volti/ Border Patrol/ Triode Wire room was in line with my taste. Great guys too.

This was my blue ribbon room. The Joseph Audio room had just gorgeous sound, well balanced and simple.

Also went to 7th avenue, Ybor City. Lots of cigar joints and Cuban cuisine. We ate at the Columbian while enjoying the clogging and dancing style from Flamenco dancers. I would recommend to anyone reading this to give it a try next year.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #103 on: 23 Feb 2023, 03:27 pm »
Aj,

Thank you for providing the speakers for my room. The synergy was fantastic.

Leo

You're welcome Leo, was a pleasure meeting both you and Joe. Your amps are worth every penny, good stuff. Finally settling back into real life now ;-).
Hopefully next year...

cheers,

AJ

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #104 on: 23 Feb 2023, 07:19 pm »
Great show. Surprised at the turnout, particularly Saturday, lots of full rooms. Hotel staff seemed stressed at points but we had no real issues to speak of. Enjoyed the breakfast and happy hours. I met some interesting folks and made a couple new contacts.

Volti/ Border Patrol/ Triode Wire room was in line with my taste. Great guys too.

Thank you for your kind comments! Glad you liked our room!

Cheers,
Pete

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #105 on: 13 Jan 2024, 03:09 pm »
2024 show just around the corner...Feb 16-18

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
« Reply #106 on: 13 Jan 2024, 04:32 pm »
Thanks for the reminder AJ. I am looking forward to it and the creation you are making for Room 406.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #107 on: 13 Jan 2024, 04:42 pm »
2024 show just around the corner...Feb 16-18

See you there, AJ!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #108 on: 13 Jan 2024, 05:32 pm »
I’ll be down in Weston for work during the week, so I am hoping I can pop up for the show.

George

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #109 on: 14 Jan 2024, 01:04 pm »
See you there, AJ!
Looking forward to it Pete, keep all that cold weather up there with ya!  8)

RonN5

« Reply #110 on: 14 Jan 2024, 01:56 pm »
Based on the most recent exhibitor list...should be a great show!

https://floridaaudioexpo.com/exhibitors/

Chops

« Reply #111 on: 20 Feb 2024, 03:49 am »
This past weekend makes it my 4th year going to this event. Every year, it gets bigger and better. This year was no different.

The really cool thing about this year's show is that I got to meet and talk to OCD Mikey! He met my three brothers as well. We chatted for a few minutes, then went on our way. A few hours later, we meet again, this time my brothers and I were coming out of a room and Mike was heading in with a few friends. The music they were playing wasn't the best, both music wise and recording quality wise. I told Mike to go in there and "school" them on good sound and music! LOL

I have to say, Mike is a really, really nice, cool guy. He's just like he is on YouTube! Cool, direct, tells it how it is, doesn't BS around.

Here's a few pics of the show on Saturday. I should have asked to take a pic with Mike, but I just didn't think about it at the time. Oh well, maybe next year!

rodge827

« Reply #112 on: 20 Feb 2024, 02:20 pm »
 Great pics! Thanks for posting! Post more if you got them
Thanks

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #113 on: 20 Feb 2024, 04:52 pm »
Love the exotic designs for the various speakers.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #114 on: 20 Feb 2024, 06:30 pm »
There was some beautiful stuff there, that's for sure.

TomS

« Reply #115 on: 20 Feb 2024, 07:06 pm »
AJ's Soundfield Titans were the highlight of the show for me. There are 12 x 12" OB woofers in EACH tower. 8 planar drivers, 1 horn firing up, 1 horn firing to the back. DSP XO and all the needed amps are built-in, $22k all in. Amazing sound in a small room.

TomS

« Reply #116 on: 20 Feb 2024, 07:12 pm »
I helped out in the Unique Home Audio room all weekend. We were showing the Dutch & Dutch 8c's with Theoretica Applied Physics' BACCH SP ADIO processor. It was packed after hours for individual demo's of the BACCH, bringing lot's of "Wow!" comments :-)

TomS

« Reply #117 on: 20 Feb 2024, 07:18 pm »
The Clarisys Auditorium's with 6(!) VAC 300's tri-amped playing Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel Like We Do", followed by Queen Live, on vinyl, was absolutely spectacular, stunning really, even after hearing it hundreds of times over the years. Normally I don't pay much attention to the megabuck displays, but this one was special for sure.

Saturn94

« Reply #118 on: 20 Feb 2024, 08:11 pm »
AJ's Soundfield Titans were the highlight of the show for me. There are 12 x 12" OB woofers in EACH tower. 8 planar drivers, 1 horn firing up, 1 horn firing to the back. DSP XO and all the needed amps are built-in, $22k all in. Amazing sound in a small room.

Wow!  Nice work, AJ! 

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #119 on: 20 Feb 2024, 11:51 pm »
Chops, great pics! Tom, thanks and good to see you, I tried to come back to the D&D room on Sunday to hear them dialed in, but alas...
Thanks Jim