Fully balanced Pre-amp with remote volume and balance control?

AvsFan

In search of a fully balanced pre-amp with remote volume and balance control.

Seems like an easy task but man I am having a hard time with this. I've only found Bel Canto and Parasound.

shadowlight

Hattor has both passive and pre with gain - you have opamp or tube for the gain.

charmerci

AVA DVA digital preamp. Call avahifi for availability. (They are made to order.)

nc42acc

I have the Hattor pre with the op amp gain section. Very neutral revealing preamp, adjustable gain too You can configure with all XLR or a mix with RCA. Also there is the balanced offerings from Kinki and Denafrips. Gustard has an op amp based pre but only two inputs, also has the op amps in sockets so you can roll your own. Just some considerations.

Hattor has both passive and pre with gain - you have opamp or tube for the gain.

AndrewA

How about Backert?

Peter J

• Hmmmm
I've been running a Cary SLP-03 tube pre for some time.  Volume controlled outputs to both RCA and XLR simultaneously, which is nice for running mono Aegirs and sub amps for X-Oticas. Out of production but can be found used. SLP-09 big brother is still in production but more $$.

I had to look but does have balance function on remote.

RPM123

You didn't provide a budget, however just off the top of my head; Pass Labs, Luxman, BAT, Boulder and Accuphase.

WGH

If you like your current preamp then the new AVA RCA to XLR converter is an option.

5/5/21
Stereo RCA to XLR unit is in final testing here right now.

Will be about 30 days to have chassis designed and produced.

It will take about the same time to have final PC card produced and populated.

We are putting a lot into this to make sure it is really transparent.

Frank

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=158752.msg1856859#msg1856859

nc42acc

You asked the most important question of all.

You didn't provide a budget, however just off the top of my head; Pass Labs, Luxman, BAT, Boulder and Accuphase.

dwmaggie

• First memory of music was parents Zenith portable.
You might consider a Meridian G02.  Balanced and RCA pre out.  2 Balanced inputs, 4 RCA inputs.  Elaborate and simple remote control.

owlsalum1

The Pass Labs XP-12 has all those features, including balance which can be controlled with the remote. I owned and sold its' predecessor, the XP-10. I regret selling it to this day. Oh I should add Pass's build quality is 2nd to none. World class. At a not outrageous price.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
There is a link to our brand new Digital Preamplifier at the top of our home page. Avahifi.com

I just got the first production model running in my reference system.  It is even better then I hoped.

timind

• permanent vacation

I.Greyhound Fan

Look for a used  BAT 42se preamp.  It is balanced and has a balance adjustment.  It is SS.

I believe Pass Labs preamps have a balance control.

The above are fully balanced and have a volume control. 
« Last Edit: 9 Jul 2021, 02:27 pm by I.Greyhound Fan »

RDavidson

PS Audio has this functionality, even the Gain Cell DAC/ preamp has this, if you want a lower cost option that sounds quite good.

richidoo

Anthem STR Preamplifier

Fully balanced, remote volume and balance, and a lot more.
I'm very happy with mine.

dpatters

Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE.

Don P.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Tortuga -

twitch54

kernelbob

In search of a fully balanced pre-amp with remote volume and balance control.

Seems like an easy task but man I am having a hard time with this. I've only found Bel Canto and Parasound.

Give Tortuga Audio a look.  I use a fully balanced passive unit.  A key feature is that there are no physical switches, potentiometers, relays, etc. in the signal path.  Its remote control handles input switching, volume, balance, and absolute phase (optional).  The remote also lets you adjust the input impedance from 1 to 99 kohms (per phase in the balanced version).  This is a great feature that allows you to "voice" the sound of a source from your listening position.  I've found this to be very useful running my balanced Lampizator Pacific DAC.  Even a 1 kohm change in the Tortuga's input impedance is audible.  I also use that feature to fine tune the sound of different recordings.  The preamps are also very reasonably priced.  Here's a link to the newest LDR3000x.V3 series.  It can be configured as a passive or active unit.  For active configurations, you can specify either solid state or tube.

https://tortugaaudio.com/products/active-preamps/ldr3000x-v3-high-performance-preamp/