Got mine today!

chino

Got mine today!
« on: 29 Feb 2004, 01:00 am »
Thanks John! :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Got mine today!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2004, 01:43 am »
Congrats.

May I ask what ither preamps were on your short list?

I have the Placette and Sonic Euphoria (along with the Bent).

GW

chino

Got mine today!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2004, 02:44 am »
Thanks!  :) What I had in mind: ACA 2b, Tempest, IRD Purist, Philly Audio and Monolithic Sound PA.1 I figured Id try something different for a change no tube/ss based preamp so I went with BentAudio. I had the NOH configured one-in one-out thats it. Get to spend about 2hrs listening session today and I like it already. No coloration whatsoever but definitely in-your-face real music. Victor Wooten is groovin in my room now and I know how unique his bass sounds like. Eric Johnson's riffs oh heavens. Feels like Ive been ripped off all those times. I probably would have like all those preamps I mentioned but this ones mine to keep  :D

Peter B

Got mine today!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2004, 08:19 pm »
Hi Chino,

Received my NOH 6 hours ago, and I love it already  :wink: .
I'm very curious which improvements are waiting with the burning in.
Your experiences ?

Best regards,
Peter B

chino

Got mine today!
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2004, 11:01 am »
Quote from: Peter B
Hi Chino,

Received my NOH 6 hours ago, and I love it already  :wink: .
I'm very curious which improvements are waiting with the burning in.
Your experiences ?

Best regards,
Peter B

:beer: cheers! 'True'  :wink: I believed mine had been broken-in courtesy of John when I got it but nonetheless I feel it just keeps getting better and better when I listen to my cd collection. Maybe its just psychology or maybe it needs time to properly adjust itself to my cdp/amp I dont know. My experience? My system sounds a whole lot different (in a good way ie) when I first hooked it up and played it. Everything is neutrally pleasing smooth yet so expressive of all instruments/vocals. Like you I loved it instantly  :D Thats out of the box! Now that I have it for almost a mth I noticed bass is tighter very composed and more detailed made me shaked my head everytime I played Victor Wooten's Yinnin' and Yannin' oh yeah the bass in Coldplay's Dont Panic very very tight and firm. LOVE the acoustic guitar riff in 'Spies' very faithful. I dont know I guess I could say that voicing is more convincing than ever. Resolution much more improved at any level. Presence unbelievably sweeeet! much more sweeter now. Lows are more extended I noticed. I loved it! Spending more time with my 2ch than my HT lately  :mrgreen: Thanks John for the product. Peter B, have FUN! with the new toy  :wink: Maybe others can chime in. Im a noobie!  :)

michaelab

• http://www.zerogain.com/forum
Got mine today!
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2004, 10:35 pm »
Looking good :)  I'm more pleased with mine every day.  Just one question though, from the photo it looks like yours has no input selectors - do you only have one input on yours or is it just the photo?

Michael.

Doc Jr 8156

Got mine today!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2004, 11:17 pm »
Peter B,

I too own this wonderful sounding preamp.  If you got yours through John (assembled), he burned it in before shipping.  The only change in sound will only be noticeable if you are using new interconnects.  If you got yours "as a kit" like mine, the first 12 hours is nothing compared to around 150 hours or so.  I posted about this topic earlier in this forum.  I've use a FryKleaner with mine, 2-3 days, full volume with 1 input from the FryKleaner and the output to the inverted output of the FryKleaner.  This is also how John burn his "units".  Bass will be more defined, faster attack, smoother highs and well focused vocals.  Off-course, this is from "my" experience.  It will only get better in time.  If you have the means, try this preamp with a SET amp using single driver full range speaker (eg: Fostex) and play Norah Jones..........you can smell her breath........that good!  Godspeed.

chino

Got mine today!
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2004, 11:54 pm »
Quote from: michaelab
Looking good :)  I'm more pleased with mine every day.  Just one question though, from the photo it looks like yours has no input selectors - do you only have one input on yours or is it just the photo?

Michael.

yup no input selector on mine coz I only want one in one out... simple and clean no selector knob. Altho at the back theres one switch for hard/float ground option... makes no difference whatsoever in my sys. Looks good tho with just one knob and a blue LED. Yeah I cant live w/o a remote  :) Look spooky bluish at nite damn coool!