Cant get 24/192 via J River, Ethernet

who?me?

Cant get 24/192 via J River, Ethernet
« on: 19 Jun 2018, 11:28 pm »
hey,
I just bought the J River, and cant get my Hi Res files to play at 96khz or 192 kHz.

I have a good quality ethernet from BJCs that I am running out of my MBP
into a Bel Canto Ethernet Refstream Renderer. The renderer sounds pretty amazing,
but I'm only able to run my Hi res files up to 48khz.

And I'm having a little trouble learning J River, it seems kind of quirky
in terms of managing sample rates, etc.And I'm not sure how to manage the sample rates
coming out of J River, there is also an encoding scheme for different files, but
even when I match my file to the encoding file (eg WAV), I still only get 48khz.

Suggestions ???????
thanks gary

Phil A

Re: Cant get 24/192 via J River, Ethernet
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2018, 11:56 pm »
First step is to go to 'Tool's upper left and then to 'Options.'  Then you have settings for 'DSP and output format' and also for stuff like 'audio devices.'

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2018, 01:53 am »
Is your dac DSD capable?

There is also a setting for DSD over DOP in that menu Phil mentions. JRiver can be a little tricky sometimes. But once you get the settings clicked properly it is well worth it. I'm not an expert but I can talk you thru the basics on the phone some evening this week if that helps.

oem-wheels

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2018, 02:56 am »
You're going to have to play with it (the settings) a little and eventually you'll get it..  You have to tell it or let it know what sample rates you'll allow it to play.. After all that, I'm no computer expert, quite the opposite so I hope what I'm going to say next isn't bad info.. I also stream through ethernet but to my Oppo205.. In the Oppo resides a DSP and DAC.. The Oppo does all the work.. Does your Bel Canto have a DSP ? If not then maybe your computer has to do some of the work ?? And maybe its limited at the output to your DAC ?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2018, 03:31 am »
If I understand the Bel Canto device it is only an interface between your system running JRiver and a DAC. 

What DAC is attached to the Bel Canto Ethernet Refstream Renderer?