Stereomojo Review of our new HT3

RAW

Stereomojo Review of our new HT3
« on: 29 Jun 2007, 11:46 pm »
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2007, 03:13 am by RAW »

mfsoa

Re: Stereomojo Review of our new HT3
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2007, 11:54 pm »
Sorry, tried to read it but the background makes the text nearly illegible. :nono:

Hope it was a good review, I'd like to know.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2007, 01:32 am »
Yeah, it was a good review.

Drives me nuts when otherwise intelligent people get cute with backgrounds.  I'd like to slap'em.   :evil:

Philistine

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2007, 02:24 am »
Yep, it's unreadable - highlighting the text made it readable again.
The review is very good.

brj

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2007, 02:42 am »
Published HT3 specs.

I suspect that the comments on the background have already been passed along, but I'd certainly agree.  I ended up highlighting the entire page in order to read the review.

That said, Art has an enviable setup with which to review speakers - the best treated room of anyone I know, and a gear chain that few could find fault with.  (Not, of course, that it still doesn't see regular changes anyway! :lol:)  I can't state enough how strongly I feel a well treated room should be a firm prerequisite for anyone looking to review speakers.  I've heard more than one pair of speakers in Art's room that I had previously heard somewhere else, only to realize that I hadn't appreciated half of the speaker's initially perceived performance.

Al, are you going to have the HT3s at RMAF?

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:33 am »
Thanks for the comments and kudos guys. Art did a great job with the review.

About the background - it's been changed, but I have to say that I checked the page on 3 computers including a Mac, a Dell and an IBM. If you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer, that could be the problem. It doesn't recognize several things like transparent backgrounds on graphics. It puts an ugly gray background on pictures that should be transparent, uses limited fonts and just is a mess.

Try Firefox. It looks and acts much better and it's open source. It has tabbed browsing which is much better than IE. It also is MUCH more secure. Of course, if you are on a Mac, you should be using Safari.

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
Here's the link:
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:34 am »

jackthecat

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2007, 09:14 am »
Yep no problem on the mac. Cheers  :thumb:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jun 2007, 11:00 am »
Ahhhhh, that's better.  (I do run mozilla/firefox on a year old HP and it was still very bad.)  Still don't know why folks (start with our secretaries at work) insist on using features when they're unneeded, take time to apply, require additional memory, and can only cause problems.  The message content has become secondary to computer fluff.

RAW

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jul 2007, 07:35 pm »
Those looking at the new review.
That pair is in Texas and we will sell them to the first person who asks ,this pair has been shipped around and was at RMAF last year just the addition of the new crossovers installed.With all this shipping there is a few scatches on the top of one of the cabinets from what I am told.

Price for this pair $950.00
Contact me if you interested in this pair.
As seen here at RMAF last year.

Now we also have cherry veneered pairs in stock and can ship them with in 2 days of ordering.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jul 2007, 07:48 pm »
I use firefox and it was really hard to read.  It's definitely better now.

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jul 2007, 04:31 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys. It really did look great when I published it, but we are ALWAYS open to constructive criticism form readers and tips and help. We are looking or some volunteer help with the site. I do not claim to be a web expert or graphic designer. Those guys are very expensive and SM doesn't charge $thousands for ads like other sites and mags, so we are pretty limited. Our writers (and myself) are unpaid volunteers, so any good advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for your feedback!

James Darby
Publisher - Stereomojo