Gorgeous finish / Liquids

Randy

Re: Gorgeous finish / Liquids
« Reply #20 on: 10 Nov 2016, 09:23 pm »
Are you asking me about my pair as a customer or Klaus about them?

I love them,
I think they sound terrific. The BE tweeter is excellent,
I like soft domes but dont like metal domes, I tend to find ribbons thin,
I like the BE tweeter, it is NEVER harsh.

They look modest in the room, and I like the non parallel side walls aesthetically.

They have great bass, they image well,

I have no complaints.

I think they are $4200 for the base model, then there are another $1000 plus you can put into better internals.

The Liquids, the subject of this thread, are the next step up, they are a 2.5 way incorporate another woofer, and are purported to be a huge jump up in sound because they free up one of the woofs to just cover the midrange. YMMV.

Klaus' speakers, all of his stuff, they are universally regarded as amazing values for the money, so I dont think you could pick "wrong" from among his stuff. 

He likes MUSIC, I think his speakers can and do tick off the "audiophile" qualities that people talk about here, but
personally, I like that they sound good.

Thanks.. I was asking you. Klaus is famous for his non informational website so I wanted to ask an owner. Thanks for the perfect response.

audioguy213

« Reply #21 on: 10 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm »
FWIW,
 pursuant to this thread, I decided to trade in my Kismets for a pair of custom Liquids, which are headed my way in a few months, and I would be happy to specifically compare once they arrive, if you like.

Let me know if you have any questions about how these speakers sound, and I would be happy to answer.

reillyzing

« Reply #22 on: 12 Feb 2017, 12:22 pm »
FWIW,
 pursuant to this thread, I decided to trade in my Kismets for a pair of custom Liquids, which are headed my way in a few months, and I would be happy to specifically compare once they arrive, if you like.

Let me know if you have any questions about how these speakers sound, and I would be happy to answer.
Are you able to do a followup?

srclose

« Reply #23 on: 13 Feb 2017, 01:12 am »
Hi,

I have the walnut burl Kismet Liquids at the first of the thread.  It's taken awhile to get this pair back to Klaus for a problem Southwest caused, and then back to me.  Right now they are still breaking in, in the living room, and I have another piece of room treatment from GIK to put in place.  So evaluating the sound from them is a work in progress.  But there were some immediate differences to me, though, with I first heard them.  There is a firmer bottom end, lower bottom end, and greater ease of production in that range.  Greater authority as well as a more open sound in general.  There are a lot more virtues of the Kismet no doubt.  An absence of glare, soundstage depth, top to bottom continuity, and so on.  But I would say the difference between the Kismet and Kismet Liquids is easily discernible and represents a VERY worthwhile upgrade.  I think this can be an endpoint speaker.  Currently playing Reference Recordings Rachmaninoff symphonic dances etudes-tableaux by Eiji Oue, Minnesota Orchestra.  Dynamics are first rate.  BTW they look great too.

Stephen

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2017, 06:49 am »
Only posting pics of special order speakers...this pair went out to Harvey..he upgraded from his Lor's and wanted a mahogany / black interplay...

« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 10:16 am by klaus@odyssey »

mca

« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2017, 03:30 pm »
Love the contrast of colors on that pair!

What are the specs on the Liquids.