BMC PureDAC now available
« on: 20 Jul 2013, 04:20 pm »
BMC PureDAC
Digital to Analogue Converter
--- Plus ---
Reference Level Headphone Amplifier and Preamplifier

Only $1,690.00
Plus, Free Shipping in the U.S.

Vapor Audio carries the full line of BMC electronics, contact us to purchase. 

*NEW*  The B.M.C. PureDAC delivers digital conversion that can compete at any price point.  The PureDAC combines its DAC with a balanced preamplifier, a reference-level balanced headphone amplifier, and B.M.C.'s exclusive Digital Intelligent Gain Management (DIGM), a volume and amplification control system that calibrates gain without dividing or downgrading the input signal.

Features:

Top grade Digital / Analog Converter with CI I/V conversion
 High Resolution asynchronous USB interface
 Reference class DAPC / LEF balanced headphone amplifier
 Balanced LEF, CI-compatible preamp, optionally operates in B.M.C. Mode
 Separate volume for preamplifier section and headphone
 DIGM in 2nd generation
 B.M.C. Link for the amp interconnection
 Remote control
 Massive and stylish extruded Aluminum cabinet

The PureDAC's balanced preamp is integrated with the DAC's current-to-voltage converter, which converts and filters the DAC's current, eliminating the need for an extra stage.  The Preamp and headphone amp both employ B.M.C's exclusive Load Effect Free (LEF) technology that handles a speaker's current demand separately from the voltage demand, increasing the preamp and amp's efficiency and the quality of its audio reproduction.

The PureDAC also boasts separate volume controls for the preamp and the headphone, a high-resolution asynchronous USB interface, digital AES/EBU, Toslink and coaxial inputs, balanced analog inputs, RCA output jacks and a special B.M.C. link for connecting directly to a B.M.C. amplifier.

Its balanced output is ideally compatible with amplifiers featuring B.M.C's exclusive Current Injection (CI) technology, which enhances signal purity and the musical presence of the PureDAC's audio reproduction.

Check out these internal shots of the PureDAC in ultra high-res, extreme detail:
http://www.bmc-audio.com/tl_files/bmc_audio/abbildungen/produkte/PDAC-Open1.jpg
http://www.bmc-audio.com/tl_files/bmc_audio/abbildungen/produkte/PDAC-Open-closeup1.jpg

And the PureDAC .pdf brochure:
http://www.bmc-audio.com/tl_files/bmc_audio/pdfs/PureDAC-Brochure-En-Web-HR.pdf

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: BMC PureDAC now available
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2013, 12:32 am »
I have these ready to ship immediately.  PM me here or email ryan@vaporsound.com with questions or to order. 

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2013, 01:22 am »
Ryan, this is a beautiful DAC...and now does DSD64, DSD128 and 32/384K.  And a balanced headphone amp.  Wow.  I'd love to hear it and do a review of sorts (only my 13th DSD DAC to listen to :) ).

P.S.  Teajay says hi.  He continues to marvel at the speakers, as you know.  :)

wisnon

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2013, 01:27 am »
Yup, its gorgeous.

Curious that the brochure does not mention DSD nor the chipset employed...

jackman

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2013, 03:01 am »
Hi Ted,

I agree, that BMC is a beautiful looking piece of gear.  I hope to hear it sometime because I'm in the market for a dsd DAC.   There are so many options now it is hard to choose.  This one looks really good and it looks like a great value.  I love the styling!

Cheers

Jack

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2013, 12:05 am »
Ryan, this is a beautiful DAC...and now does DSD64, DSD128 and 32/384K.  And a balanced headphone amp.  Wow.  I'd love to hear it and do a review of sorts (only my 13th DSD DAC to listen to :) ).

P.S.  Teajay says hi.  He continues to marvel at the speakers, as you know.  :)

This DAC is selling like crazy right now, so no chance of a loaner demo for a bit.  But I'll keep you in mind, and send you my personal DAC for a few weeks when I have a chance. 

I'm glad we were able to get the pair to Terry, it worked out perfectly!  He was a great guy to work with.

wisnon

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2013, 01:33 am »
Ryan,

What is your opinion on this Dac? Yes, I know you have a vested interest, but what in your mind are the outstanding points (apart from styling and price)? Have you used it to play DSD?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2013, 01:58 am »
This Dac/Pre sure looks good! I too would really like an opinion on how good the Dac is and read some reviews. This seems like a good all in one solution. As soon as anyone finds a review please point us in that direction.

audio2addict

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2013, 01:45 pm »
Ordered one from Ryan as 50 are on there way to the U.S.  Looking forward to this new DAC and headphone amplifier.  We will find our if it can drive balanced Telsa T1 or the HE500 or HE6.

roscoeiii

« Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2013, 04:12 pm »
Ordered one from Ryan as 50 are on there way to the U.S.  Looking forward to this new DAC and headphone amplifier.  We will find our if it can drive balanced Telsa T1 or the HE500 or HE6.

Please do report back on it as a balanced headphone amp. Very cool looking. One of these with an analog input or so would be killer. I can always dream...

santacore

« Reply #10 on: 1 Sep 2013, 02:33 am »
Yes, please report back, this looks like an interesting DAC

mca

« Reply #11 on: 11 Sep 2013, 12:46 am »
Any updates on this DAC? Has anyone heard one?

mca

WireNut

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2013, 01:03 am »
 :o That is one perdy look'n Dac.

mca

« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2013, 01:39 am »
It's perdy, but I want to know how it sounds!

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2013, 03:31 pm »
From the review (which is in broken english) I read --

"NAD M51, a hot DAC in the market hold a typical NAD creamy house sound. The selling point of M51 is playing DSD in native format."

What does this mean? I did not think the NAD could do DSD? 

It seems this guy prefers the PureDAC to almost all of the others out there? 

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #16 on: 18 Sep 2013, 05:53 pm »
Can anyone help me out on the comment about DSD with the M51?

wisnon

« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2013, 05:55 pm »
Can anyone help me out on the comment about DSD with the M51?

No DSD...not possible with the way it operates...35bit/700mhz...

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #18 on: 18 Sep 2013, 05:58 pm »
Fair enough. Still, the reviewer on the Pure DAC  says the M51 does DSD but I am not sure why?

audio.bill

« Reply #19 on: 18 Sep 2013, 08:30 pm »
My guess would be that the reviewer doesn't understand the way the NAD M51 DAC technically operates. It does not use a conventional DAC chip and is marketed as being a "Direct Digital DAC", so that could be misinterpreted as being able to support DSD which is "Direct Stream Digital". To quote the product info, "the M51 resamples the incoming pulse code modulated (PCM) signal and converts it to a pulse width modulation signal (PWM) with a sampling rate of 844kHz." It does not currently support DSD file playback.