anyone tried monitor speakers on the Mapleshade floorlevel platforms?

drphoto

First of all, I didn't know where to post this, as there is no general audio equipment circle anymore.

I think the things are called the Bedrock platform. It's a maple block with footers and a cradle that tilts the speaker back a bit. They place the speaker pretty much at floor level.

Anyone tried it? Mapleshade (like all their stuff) claims it da bomb for monitors.

doug s.

• makin' music
First of all, I didn't know where to post this, as there is no general audio equipment circle anymore.

I think the things are called the Bedrock platform. It's a maple block with footers and a cradle that tilts the speaker back a bit. They place the speaker pretty much at floor level.

Anyone tried it? Mapleshade (like all their stuff) claims it da bomb for monitors.
foto-doc, you could post this in the "source to the ear" forum - seems synergy between monitors & stands would fit there.

now, to answer your question - tho i haven't tried the mapleshade bedrock speaker stands, i did do something similar w/cmu blocks and 2x2's, setting the 2x2's under the front of the speakers, (a pair of wintage sansui sp2500's), to tilt them up.  definitely worked well.  i would suggest trying something similar before spending large coin on the mapleshade stands.  (even the used pair on agon.)

doug s.

MaxCast

Anyone else try these platforms?