Free 88/24 Music Downloads from Benchmark Media

mobayrasta

Free 88/24 Music Downloads from Benchmark Media
« on: 24 Aug 2010, 05:23 pm »
Copied this from head-fi. I searched and could not find it posted here, so I thought I would throw it up here. Pretty cool project, there are two episodes up, and I can only hope and pray for more. Icing on the cake is 88/24 or 44/16 download of the song that these sessions produce. Cool stuff and I hope there is enough support to keep it going!

Respect!

MoBay

"Benchmark has launched a new social media project called MastersFromTheirDay.com.  It is a web-based video series, where each episode follows a hand-picked crew (musical artists, recording engineer, etc) in a world-class studio as they attempt to produce a song in one recording session.

The one-session production harks back to the days of Sun Records, Stax Records, Parlaphone, etc, where many classic singles where recorded in one session.  This series is a fun way to reprise that work-flow.

The video shows the process of producing the song and concludes w/ the final mastered song in its entirity.  A lossless download of the song is also available for each episode in its native format (88.2 kHz / 24-bit) as well as CD-quality (44.1 kHz / 16-bit).

Each episode will feature a different band/artist/genre, recording engineer, and recording studio.  All recordings are mastered by 3-time Grammy Award winner Gavin Lurssen (T. Bone Burnett, Allison Krauss / Robert Plant, Tom Waits, etc).

So head over to www.MastersFromTheirDay.com , and be sure to sign-up to be notified when new episodes are posted.  Also, feel free to jump into the conversation in the 'comments' section.  It can be a bit polarizing, but always fun!"

mobayrasta

Re: Free 88/24 Music Downloads from Benchmark Media
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm »
Has anybody at all watched these. I think they are absolutely wonderful. I can't believe no one has commented on either the video's (which also sound phenomenal) or the downloaded songs. ( Which sound absolutely fantastic! )

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2010, 11:46 pm »
Just watched ep. 2 - Annie and The Beekeepers

That was fun, great pq and sq. I am DL the track right now, if they got the audio that good in the vid...can't wait to hear the audio-only track.

targa02

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2010, 06:37 am »
Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.  These videos/songs are really great. Especially episode 2.  I certainly signed up for future episodes.

Has anybody at all watched these. I think they are absolutely wonderful. I can't believe no one has commented on either the video's (which also sound phenomenal) or the downloaded songs. ( Which sound absolutely fantastic! )
« Last Edit: 6 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm by targa02 »

PeteG

« Reply #4 on: 6 Sep 2010, 01:34 pm »
I enjoyed them too and signed up for more. :thumb:

mobayrasta

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct 2010, 02:47 pm »
New episode will be coming out this week. I for one can't wait!!!

mobayrasta

« Reply #6 on: 8 Oct 2010, 10:39 pm »
Episode 3 is out. It is a Rock Band this time and a lot different than the first two. A cool song but not quite my style. Still loved the creation process and love some of the effects they came up with ( Rain Guitar) Check it out.

Chris

mobayrasta

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2010, 05:49 pm »
Unfortunately after talking to Elias ( in charge of this for Benchmark ) Benchmark has decided to not make any more due to lack of views and replies. They have one more all ready recorded and it will be the last one unless the suits at Benchmark change their minds. It really upsets me as I fell in love with this series. I beg of you guys to write an email to Benchmark requesting they continue the series
Sales • sales@benchmarkmedia.com

Elias is heartbroken also, he really put all of himself into this project. I feel horrible for him.