Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, available on HD Tracks

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, available on HD Tracks
« Reply #20 on: 4 Nov 2011, 07:56 pm »
Well just spent the last hour or so listening to this download, then compared it to the RB version.  There is a huge difference between the 2 to my ears.  The 24/96 download is more dynamic, has better air around instruments, bass is tighter, etc. with an overall smoother presentation.  They both lean to the bright side!

Is it the best Hi-Rez I have? no!  Is it awful? no!  Is it worth the download?  In my opinion, if you do not have the DVD-A and don't want to buy it used for $50 or so and rip it, then the download is definitely worth it.

I'm glad I picked it up!
Mark

kenreau

« Reply #21 on: 4 Nov 2011, 08:22 pm »
Well just spent the last hour or so listening to this download, then compared it to the RB version.  There is a huge difference between the 2 to my ears.  The 24/96 download is more dynamic, has better air around instruments, bass is tighter, etc. with an overall smoother presentation.  They both lean to the bright side!

Is it the best Hi-Rez I have? no!  Is it awful? no!  Is it worth the download?  In my opinion, if you do not have the DVD-A and don't want to buy it used for $50 or so and rip it, then the download is definitely worth it.

I'm glad I picked it up!
Mark

Thanks for tossing this out here.  Which Redbook issue were you listening to?  USA version?

I would like to hear a comparison to a needle drop of the recent 45 rpm slabs-o-vinyl.

Kenreau

golfugh

« Reply #22 on: 4 Nov 2011, 08:29 pm »
US version, not the new remaster.

highfilter

« Reply #23 on: 5 Nov 2011, 05:10 pm »
A heads up, you can use the promo code Fleetwood20 by 11/10 to get 20% off.

Via Facebook:

"Rumours is now available in pristine master quality sound, available at HDtracks.com as a high resolution download. YOU WILL HEAR THE DIFFERENCE. Click below and use promo code Fleetwood20 by 11/10 to get 20% off Rumours. Please apply promo code at check out!"

golfugh

« Reply #24 on: 5 Nov 2011, 05:17 pm »
One day too late..dadgum it!

GarfL

« Reply #25 on: 6 Nov 2011, 04:39 am »
I have 're-purchased' Rumours using the discount code.  Can't really say it was a repurchased, as they apparently have never charged me for the first download. Used payal this time, so they can't screw that up. It is odd, all my other previous purchases posted right away.

This is fine stuff, it's bright, but I have gone on record saying that I like that.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #26 on: 6 Nov 2011, 12:59 pm »

I'm glad I picked it up!
Mark

Thanks for the comments Mark.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #27 on: 9 Nov 2011, 12:55 am »
Made the purchase with the 20% off coupon (thanks highfliter) and will give it a listen tomorrow.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 12 Nov 2011, 01:33 pm »
Compared to my stock cd, there is really no comparison - the 24/96 version is superior in all aspects.

However, as others have stated, the top end is a little hot and it is also a little thin sounding.  Lindsey's voice is lacking in weight and sounds tipped up.  Instruments are well separated and detailed, but lack the body and depth that they should have.

Since my system has never been described as bright or cool sounding, I can't say if the album could be a little too much on some systems.

Since I love the music on this album so much, I still consider this money well spent. 

George

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #29 on: 12 Nov 2011, 02:38 pm »
I find the album strangely uneven (remastering wise).  It's as if they forgot to do some songs, then others sound very improved.