Soundfield Audio Monitor 1... Here We Go!

neekomax

Re: Soundfield Audio Monitor 1... Here We Go!
« Reply #300 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:03 pm »
Spill, or the Salks get it!  :icon_twisted:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #301 on: 23 Jan 2013, 03:08 pm »
I've heard the 1812's, very impressive.  A lovely blend of sweetness and power.
agreed - one of the better sounds at last year's caf, imo.  not cheap, tho, like the sam-1's.  which is why it would  be interesting to hear about the sam-1's replacements...

c'mon, bigbang, let's hear your big bang!   :wink:

doug s.

Saturn94

« Reply #302 on: 23 Jan 2013, 05:42 pm »
Spill, or the Salks get it!  :icon_twisted:

Yes, let's hear it!

bigbang

« Reply #303 on: 29 Jan 2013, 02:37 am »
I told AJ to check this thread out and post!!! :)

I can say he is working on some new things.

No Salks here (anymore). :o

Saturn94

« Reply #304 on: 29 Jan 2013, 03:17 am »
I told AJ to check this thread out and post!!! :)

I can say he is working on some new things.

No Salks here (anymore). :o

We're waiting........ :drool:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #305 on: 29 Jan 2013, 04:34 am »
I'm pretty sure AJ knows about the thread.   :roll:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #306 on: 29 Jan 2013, 01:55 pm »
I'm pretty sure AJ knows about the thread.   :roll:
...and the rules about self promotion  :lol:
New product releases will be in the Industry Ads section. Thanks for the compliments gents.

cheers

neekomax

« Reply #307 on: 29 Jan 2013, 03:20 pm »
AJ, how ya doin'! Sad to hear the SAM1s have been retired, there's a lot of people out there who will never get to experience the joy of these things. But I guess that makes mine collector's items, I imagine they're the only pair ever made with the storm trooper white baffles?  :lol:. Seriously, though, I'll be amazed if you come up with something better that doesn't cost 3K and weigh 80 lbs. Whatever you do, just make sure you make a version in white, otherwise my girl doesn't let them in the house.

I guess the custom sub-stands for the SAM1s are no longer in the works, then?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #308 on: 29 Jan 2013, 05:01 pm »
AJ, how ya doin'! Sad to hear the SAM1s have been retired, there's a lot of people out there who will never get to experience the joy of these things. But I guess that makes mine collector's items, I imagine they're the only pair ever made with the storm trooper white baffles?  :lol:. Seriously, though, I'll be amazed if you come up with something better that doesn't cost 3K and weigh 80 lbs. Whatever you do, just make sure you make a version in white, otherwise my girl doesn't let them in the house.

I guess the custom sub-stands for the SAM1s are no longer in the works, then?

Doing well Neeko, thanks. Yep, like all good things, must come to an end some time. :wink:
Yes, yours was (thankfully) the only white baffle. Nothing 80lbs/$3k in the works here, white or otherwise.
Stands are near done. Will be in Chicago.

cheers,

AJ

pslate

« Reply #309 on: 11 Apr 2013, 05:21 pm »
The first Monitor 2 pair will be joining my SAM 1's. Espresso stained oak baffle on piano black cabs. I was going to go OB, but when I found out about the rear firing ambiance tweet, I decided to go back to the source. Also at Axpona they rocked. The dude running a very high end room who was there taking a break could not believe what they were doing, as I was leaving I heard the same test track (Eagles, Hotel California) from said high end room and took a quick sec to listen. The SAM-2's acquitted themselves quite admirably.

neekomax

« Reply #310 on: 11 Apr 2013, 05:38 pm »
The first Monitor 2 pair will be joining my SAM 1's. Espresso stained oak baffle on piano black cabs. I was going to go OB, but when I found out about the rear firing ambiance tweet, I decided to go back to the source. Also at Axpona they rocked. The dude running a very high end room who was there taking a break could not believe what they were doing, as I was leaving I heard the same test track (Eagles, Hotel California) from said high end room and took a quick sec to listen. The SAM-2's acquitted themselves quite admirably.

Cool! Will they be used in a secondary 2 channel system?

Saturn94

« Reply #311 on: 11 Apr 2013, 06:09 pm »

Very nice.  :thumb:

I'm looking forward to hearing the M2 at CAF.

pslate

« Reply #312 on: 11 Apr 2013, 07:45 pm »
Cool! Will they be used in a secondary 2 channel system?
Yup I have two, two channel systems. I tried multichannel, but I just like 2 channel purity both for AV and dedicated music. I should actually should have said the first production pair made and paid for. These will most likely live in the family room, powered by a Class D SDS-254, fed by a mac mini server, with an HK-254 doing AV duty. I have an old 50" DLP tv which I think is going nowhere. The M1's go upstairs, my layout is a duplex down with the family room down, the adjustable bass will allow me to tune for neighbors upstairs, downstairs I can crank  :icon_twisted:. Anyhow I will try both locations. The M2s will coordinate well with my wood flooring upstairs though.

neekomax

« Reply #313 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:38 pm »
Yup I have two, two channel systems. I tried multichannel, but I just like 2 channel purity both for AV and dedicated music. I should actually should have said the first production pair made and paid for. These will most likely live in the family room, powered by a Class D SDS-254, fed by a mac mini server, with an HK-254 doing AV duty. I have an old 50" DLP tv which I think is going nowhere. The M1's go upstairs, my layout is a duplex down with the family room down, the adjustable bass will allow me to tune for neighbors upstairs, downstairs I can crank  :icon_twisted:. Anyhow I will try both locations. The M2s will coordinate well with my wood flooring upstairs though.

Little confused as to what's going where, but no worries, I'm sure it's a dope setup.

A little OT, but I just switched over to a new Mac Mini server recently, and I'm playing around with different playback software. Have you tried the JRiver Mac OS X alpha demo they've got available now? Pretty interesting...

pslate

« Reply #314 on: 11 Apr 2013, 09:06 pm »
Sorry, at work, so my blips are a bit stream of consciousness.

M2 2.1 downstairs family/main rig doing double audio and AV duty
M1 Upstairs music only

pslate

« Reply #315 on: 20 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm »
They're Alive :icon_twisted:

Wow SAM-2, quite the ribbon/planar (which one?) big bro to SAM-1. My wife noticed an immediate difference, and that is a very, very rare occurrence. These guys have just a couple tracks under their belt, but I am favorably impressed. Initially it feels like a more effortless and airy presentation than SAM-1. But really it like saying which twin a father would prefer. Anyhow the first consumer pair of these speakers confirmed what I heard at Axpona. We had the oak baffles stained to match our first floor wood flooring which is as dark as oak gets. Nice for people who like that modern look. Very subtle, and a bit hard to photograph, but I think super cool. Images below.

Saturn94

« Reply #316 on: 23 Apr 2013, 02:54 pm »
^^^ Nice! :thumb:

neekomax

« Reply #317 on: 24 Apr 2013, 12:10 am »
Paul, those look really nice in that dark stain oak. For a second, the first photo looked like there was a carbon fiber thing going on, ha.

Interesting stands, what are those?

Would love to hear those puppies.

studiotech

« Reply #318 on: 24 Apr 2013, 01:00 am »
Paul, those look really nice in that dark stain oak. For a second, the first photo looked like there was a carbon fiber thing going on, ha.

Interesting stands, what are those?

Would love to hear those puppies.

I thought the exact same thing based on the first picture!

I think the stands are made from T-slot aluminum like 80/20 or Faztek sell.

I've made an equipment stand and an end table out of the stuff.  Pretty fun to work with.

Greg

Donald

« Reply #319 on: 24 Apr 2013, 01:13 am »
Very nice. It appears AJ has hit another one out of the ball park. :thumb: Can't wait to hear those also. The SAM #1 sounded awesome.

I vote for another roadshow. Any chance of that happening AJ?