VDA-2 and transport

Norway

VDA-2 and transport
« on: 13 Dec 2008, 02:30 am »
Hi

I have a fairly old Pioneer DV-S755Ai DVD player that I use as a DVD and CD player through a VDA-2 DAC. I bought this player about six and a half year ago and I am considering getting a new transport. Since music is most important to me I have looked at dedicated CD transports like the Stello CDT-100 and I wonder if it would make any difference? I mean, the output is digital no matter what player/transport I use, so would the actual source have much if any impact at all?

It would be nice to hear from people that have used the VDA-2 with different players/transports. Could a dedicated transport be worth 800$ in terms of improvement?

Regards
Håvard

socrates63

Re: VDA-2 and transport
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2008, 06:19 am »
Hello, Håvard. Transports do make a difference in the sound you hear. Among other factors, probably jitter is the one of the most prominent considerations.

I even find that optical digital input and coaxial digital input (my preference) sound different.

I'm not a technical person when it comes to audio, so I can't give you a technical explanation to explain the differences I have perceived.